Demi-chan wa Kataritai

@Krynh
When you say the rest of the chaps, do you mean scans of the official English version or the scanlations?
I loved this series and I'm really hoping to find the scanlation first.

@Otakuman706 There are 10 more scanlated chapters available on Mangakakalot under the name Ajin-chan wa Kataritai. However the rest after that has not been scanlated or uploaded

@Krynh - Thanks for the info kind sir (or ma'am.)
Glad at least some more is available before needing to switch to the official.

@Otakuman706 I have files for volume 6 if wanted. Just send me a message. There's no chapters translated after that though (until Sept 2019, crazy far from now...).

@Chickens
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it. Very poor connection atm but once I get caught up I'll see if I need them. And yeah, thats a bjt of a wait..... lol

@Krynh
Yeah, I knew that, but I knew (well was pretty sure...) there was more scanlated than what was here- before it went to the official translation as the only option. Just wasn't sure where lol. And I'll probably read all of the official either way but I wanted to read everything that was scanlated first after hearing some input on the official releases. Anywah, thanks again :)

Dex-chan lover
@Arrigato
Official translation is up to 43. Official translation isn't allowed here. Look for it somewhere else.

@BzzBzz Any idea why the official isn’t allowed here? There are quite a few other manga on this site where they post the official eng translation, why isn’t it allowed on this one specifically?

Aggregator gang
@BzzBzz those rules confuse the shit outta me. I'm lost...then again I am slightly stupid with certain things...

Dex-chan lover
@Paladin_T It's really simple: you can't upload someone else's work, especially if that work is sold somewhere else. You can upload something YOU have translated, or something that is no longer available for sale

What's to stop someone taking the official translation, changing a few words around, using a thesaurus here and there, and then uploading it as their own work?

Nod

@RandomRandyRandoRay the same thing that stops you from changing a few words around in a Batman comic and uploading it as your own work.

Fan Translations exist in a legal gray area. They are be definition illegal, you can't just giveaway someone else's intellectual property without their express consent. But since most of the people who read a translated work do so because they can't read the language it was originally written in, and therefore were very unlikely to have ever bought a copy of said work anyway, most authors and publishing companies are willing to turn a blind eye as long as translators aren't trying to profit from it (this is one of the things that makes groups asking for donations contraveritial) and don't claim they own the original work. Ultimately free fan translators are just trying to spread knowledge of works they like after all, and that could potentially open up a new market for said work if things go well (see the entire american anime sub/dub market). Heck even if it doesn't maybe a couple foreign readers will buy the work just to have it, which is better than the 0 they'd get from them otherwise (see mangdex's retail links).

However once a publishing company sees that there is a market for a work and starts producing their own officially licensed translation, they is no more gray area. Once an official release is out any fan translation is now undercutting sales instead of potentially generating them. Publishing companies have the right and are more than willing to shut down any site that that helps in this, and just leaving it at that is them being nice.

Dex-chan lover
Manages to be cute and playful without being pandering. Sensei is the best possible character for something like this. What I've read here encourages me to buy the official English, and do so I shall.

Dex-chan lover
Finally got around to picking up and reading the official release of this...... Waaaaaaa! When's Vol8 gonna be released!!!????11!!One//?

That Vol7 ending!

Dex-chan lover
if anyone is interested kissmanga has vol 7 uploaded and vol 8 is coming at the end of september if im correct

Users who are viewing this thread