Demi-chan wa Kataritai

@MemeBear
It has official English releases already. It got licensed quite a while back. When that happens MD generally removes it, though sometimes stuff slips by or the like.
To read it for free in English you'll have to use less.... reputable sites. Though I think the English publisher may have some available for free, but not sure on that atm.

Dex-chan lover
@Otakuman706
they don't remove chapters just because something is licensed, unless it's official translations. If it's some scan team doing it themselves then it's fine (at least that's how's supposed to be, unless there was some change in the rules I'm not aware of) thing is, some scan groups decide to stop on their own once the series get an official release, and some remove their chapters to encourage people to buy the officials

@Shiromon
Good catch.
Yeah, I shouldn't have said MD removes it like I did. I should have said something more like 'when that happens it is often removed.' As you said, some groups remove their own releases, just as some say to purchase the original product(s) in their notes page and the like. Not the only way/reason things have been removed, but more accurate than my first comment either way.

Anyway, it is a bit of a grey area, but yeah, my first post wasn't quite right.
Tbh I was basing it on stuff said a looong while back when there was some discussion on what to allow or not in regards to published/licensed stuff and whatnot; I hadn't actually checked the upload guidelines since like the first couple months or so. I think I also may have just read some randos reply and taken it for something from staff🤦‍♂️
I'm glad you replied that, I probably wouldn't have looked into it again without good reason.

You obviously already know, but to be clear for anyone else; The current rules are:
"Scans of official releases or webcomics from official sources, such as original releases (raws) or officially translated releases, are not allowed to be uploaded."
BTW to others--this isn't the full bit that matters, just section 2.1, the first section on this topic, and there are further guidelines and exceptions and whatnot.
Which means, as you said if a group is doing their own tl, it can be uploaded, provided it isn't basically just a copy/paste kinda job. Having said that, if the publisher sends a C&D for them to be removed, I think MD still does so (at least they seemingly did a couple of times 'early on', though idk specifics or if that approach has since changed.) This may be totally out by now, originally it was generally easier this way due to cutting down possible legal bs, but there's been a lot of changes and updates while I was away; but I think it's still the general 'rule' as they list US/EU servers and not servers in more 'out of reach' areas.

Anyway, yeah, I messed up the exact rules/reasons behind removals, but it still often leads to the same result for those wanting to read it--
"To read it for free in English you'll have to use less.... reputable sites. Though I think the English publisher may have some available for free, but not sure on that atm."

Edit- God damn wall of text there.... Smh...

One helluva creepy manga. 9 chapters in -- how about some male students? That age gap is too large between the teacher and the female students for the amount of sexual/romantic suggestion between them.

I've been reading it elseware, it's a shame it's taking a while between from chapter to volume to translation. I've noticed since the seventh volume, Potosu's work is getting sloppy/sketch like though it's still a charming seinen tale

Dex-chan lover
@Autisimo can you share a link where you can possibly read this manga ? Maybe in the DM if link isn’t allowed in the comment

Dex-chan lover
I had forgotten this had existed lol it's hard to keep track of stuff off mangadex. Was the same with batoto before.

Fed-Kun's army
I assume nobody has been translating this because the official English release has already reached volume 8 (chapter 58)

Aggregator gang
I'm happy the chapters are getting translated again, but here's hoping the big gap missing after Chapter 27 will be on here too.

Dex-chan lover
Dear Translator, you did a fine job. :) But if someone could also fill in the missing chapters from 28-46, that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread