Demonic Emperor - Vol. 2 Ch. 133

Dex-chan lover
ok boomer?
who says that apart from american zoomer trash on the internet
shit sounds hella awkward
right in line with throwing simp in translations

Double-page supporter
@MolaCola I hate that boomer part so much. It is prevalent in wuxia manga. Doesn't fit the time that MC lives in, doesn't fit culture that we are reading in... Why put something like that.

It's like medieval man saying "You are internet troll". Just ruin's immersion.

Xei

Group Leader
@MolaCola We'll try changing it in the future I guess, In the original raws it does say that though 👀

@Xei
If its like that in the raws, i am totally fine with you guys translating it like that. But i maybe would add a small translation note saying that its the author him/herself, who is breaking the immersion.
When i read the chapter first, i thought it would be the translator trying to be edgy or making things "funnier" by adding modern memes.

Dex-chan lover
@Xei if that's the case my apologies
my assumptions were right in line with Kr4auti

boomer huh? lol but its kind of a weird using slang in a translation, but aight.

lmao, i guess im not the only one that thought the "boomer" word was a horrible choice. "old man" or "gramps" would have worked far better. shows a bit of disrespect without sounding dumb.

"Aint nobodies got time for that"... That is also quite horrendous ... please leave the memes out. would have been 1000 times better with "You think i time for that?" or better still with "I dont have such time to waste"

This translator needs to go. What the heck is with this word choice. It makes no sense for this kind of work nor does it match with how it was translated before

"This translator needs to go. What the heck is with this word choice. It makes no sense for this kind of work nor does it match with how it was translated before"

I second this ! This is some unformal American english trash.

What’s with all these slangs all of a sudden. It’s killing the mood of the story. I’ll be reading this from someone else, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread