Demonic Emperor - Vol. 2 Ch. 146

Alright, some translation mistakes here.

Page 2 it's "what is his past", not "what was his past". Using the past tense implies it is over, like the person is amnesiac or something and is separate from his past. Example: "what was his past before he discarded it?" Amusingly this was correct in chapter 145 where this panel is taken from. Also, the translation in itself is not quite good, the meaning is muddled. The character is wondering who this man is and where he comes from, what his backing is. It also doesn't flow well with the previous and next sentence. "Just who is this kid? How can he have more influence than me, the second young master?" is better.
Page 3 "I see you as "family at first sight" " putting it in quotation marks doesn't help. We get that it is a chinese idiom but besides the plain meaning of the words it doesn't evoke any meaning, it slows the reading and doesn't flow well. If you want to keep the "Oi mate" for the comedic effect you can write "Oi mate, it's not that I don't trust you* but are you really the Drifting Flower Tower's son in law?" with a "* literally "family at first sight" " at the bottom of the panel. Also, try to avoid using a period in the middle of a single bubble. Periods mark breaks in speech and this is often what bubbles denote. In most cases you can replace a period in the middle of a bubble with a comma and be better off for it.
Page 3 "Yes!" more of a nitpick really but the size of the text and the exclamation mark imply a spirited response and yet the character is responding normally, maybe even softly to the guy next to him. Variations of "Yes indeed." or "Indeed I am." Fill more of the bubble and allow you to have a smaller size text to match the image more closely.
Page 3 "Then kiss your wife. Prove it!" Again, simply going for "Then kiss your wife to prove it!" would have flown better. I also don't like seeing a period and an exclamation mark cohabit in a single bubble, they imply different tones and switching these tones would warrant having them separated in two bubbles.
Page 3 "If you don't do what I say, I won't know who I'll vote for" the english future tense is also quite quirky. Basically "If you don't do what I say I don't know who I'll vote for." is more correct. I am also not a fan of "What do you mean? Wanna get beaten?" I think "What are you on about?" is clearer and the passive voice isn't great "Want me to punch you?" is more direct.
Page 3 "The future of our family is to be decided at this moment" it's a stylistic choice, but "The future of our family is hanging in the balance" or "The future of our family is at stake here" is active, and so more direct and punchy and flows better. Also making it a single sentence would probably be better.
Page 4 "What are you trying to do by making me do this" "What is the point of making me do this?" is simpler and flows better.
Page 4 "Hahaha... so this day has come to you too. If I tell her about this then she will cut you off completely." First of all, the "then" is unnecessary "If I tell her about this she will cut you off completely" is enough. Not a fan of "cut off completely" either, but the real problem is the first sentence. What is the guy saying here? That MC finally got married too? How does that flow with the rest of the sentence? I'd bet there is a translation issue here and that "Hahaha... What happened here today, I will tell her about it and she will get over you!" is probably more correct. "What a kid..." would also probably be better than "Childish..."
Page 5 I was going to note that I am not a fan of "you got some balls just you wait" but there is a much, much bigger problem. "since this judgement was not agreed by all" is a big translation error. It makes no sense with what happened before and what follows. "Since this judgement was not approved by the majority" is most certainly the correct sentence. If the crux was the judgement not being approved by all, then it would have been reversed last chapter and there would be no reason for the blonde guy to say his clan hadn't voted yet. Since it still wouldn't have been agreed upon by all. What he wanted was for his clan to be the tie breaker and was shut down.
In general I am also not a fan of using "yute" it is a considerably rare world and the more common "mongrel" or "stinky kid" would have sufficed, but there is an argument for it.
Page 5 "Everything beside the bodhi roots can be picked" careful there, the phrasing implies the guy could literally take everything besides the roots. "Let's all take a step back, Elder Yan will give the antidote and in exchange he can pick any one thing within the Drifting Flower Towers besides the Bodhi Roots of course, how about that?" the sentence may need to be cut down a bit but it's clearer.
Page 6 "What do you mean?" "Easy." These two sentences are supposed to respond to one another but don't. "What do you mean?" "It's simple," would work.
Page 6 "Pill making to get the treasure, who can compare to the vicious pill king? It is worth a try..." There is something weird with the first part, either a mistranslation, or the sentence had to be cut down to fit the bubble and it doesn't flow quite well now. Maybe take a step back from the original text? "The vicious pill king should easily be able to win and get the treasure. It is worth a try..." would probably be better.
Page 7 "I gave you the chance, but you didn't take it" its "a" instead of "the" and no need for the comma. "I gave you a chance but you didn't take it." "This is for the better of the family. No one can change it" Is not exactly clear. "The interests of my family are at stake, there is nothing you nor I can do." "If you, the drifting flower towers, were more humble," not a fan of that form, and where is "humble" coming from? Why is he reproaching that and how is it tying into the chapter at large and what is happening? I'd bet that "humble" and "obedient" are quite close in chinese, "if you and your side had been more obedient you wouldn't be in that situation right now." Makes more sense, I am not sold on the "you and your side" but it flows better than: you, comma, the drifting flower towers, comma, [end of sentence]. Forgoing "your side" and just going with "if you had been more obedient you wouldn't be in that situation right now" is probably enough. Or, if we want to be sneaky about it "if you had been more obedient, your side/the drifting flower towers wouldn't be in that situation right now."

Well, that took longer than expected.

Dex-chan lover
As with any third rate villain, gloat about their sure victory in the upcoming battle by revealing all their plans and ambitions

Fed-Kun's army
MC gets away with it again...
Damn this series gives me goosebumps. So good.

Power Uploader
@Uldar thansk a lot! i fowarded it to my team and feel free to apply for staff HAHAH

that minor character, the girl with black hair, did she broke her engagement with the fast bone forge dude? What was the decision regarding that affair? Anyone can enlighten me or it was not explained yet? Did the protagonist persona actually became engaged or it was just for show?

Man I love this series. Thanks for translating my favourite series!

Dex-chan lover
Why did that bastard Xie Tianyang marry Xue Ningxiang?!?!?! She should've been Zhuo Yifan's wife too!!!!!!!

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@johnpoop2529
After the fight between Zhuo and the seventh elder Xie Tianyang tried, but the elder forbid him as Xue Ning is from a low family.
Youming Valley wanted her only as a sacrifice otherwise she doesnt fit there to, Seventh elder said that as well

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@Nafizlatan
So she didn't become Xie Tianyang's wife?

Code:

How did I get a spoiler alert at 146th chapter’s comment section when I'm talking about 110th chapter in it!

Users who are viewing this thread