Destiny Unchain Online ~Kyuuketsu-ki Shoujo to natte, Yagate『 Aka no Maou』to Yobareru You ni Narimashita~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - An Offering to the Shrine

Dex-chan lover
Frey is right in his argument. Why do PKers get off to killing scrubs? Especially in this situation when they used a whole monster train. Yet they still wanna act high and mighty calling them cowards. I get shit talk is something, but, when you do something that makes you look inferior, it doesn't work.

Thanks for the mass release
? It's human nature to want power, and the slider for being "better" doesn't matter to egotistical maniacs. If he's Lv200, and youre Lv1, and he stomps you, in his eyes, he won because he's simply better, get skill issue'd kid

I use to live with someone who was a King of Avalon player, who sunk a milly into mtx just because he couldn't handle his fragile ego of bein beat by dolphins, and dare I say, f2p's, the horrors. Some people live sad, pathetic lives, and they can't beat people through skill, competency, etc, so the find people worse off than themselves to torment for an ego boost.

Dex-chan lover
"But it's cute!"
Fair reason. But it sits a bit high up for some reason.

Ah, yes, the usual shitslinging. The amount of shit someone slings is inversely proportional to their skill. And it's not that scary. It's just words on a screen.

Yeah, that's more of a normal attitude.

i ship it
They deserve each other.

Why do PKers get off to killing scrubs? Especially in this situation when they used a whole monster train. Yet they still wanna act high and mighty calling them cowards.
They're shitheads who can only think as far as they can smear that shit. It's like those people who say, "white people are racist" while failing to realise that's a racist statement to make in the first place. They're like children torturing bugs.

I'm guessing she's like a kisune
I guess I thought those would just be under the "beastman" umbrella.
Yeah, I'd guess that as well. Kitsune are youkai, which can sometimes be grouped with beastmen, and sometimes with divine beings.

Dex-chan lover
Wow thanks for the multiple releases!

And I wonder what she is if not a beastman then. ._.

a rare race silver fox/kitsune (like how Crim is a rare vampire race Noble Red)

her unique skill is an install type giving her fire+holy damage bonus while constantly burn her HP (hence the flaming effect)
in fact the first time she used it she died from the drain

Dex-chan lover
Frey is right in his argument. Why do PKers get off to killing scrubs? Especially in this situation when they used a whole monster train. Yet they still wanna act high and mighty calling them cowards. I get shit talk is something, but, when you do something that makes you look inferior, it doesn't work.

As one who enjoys both the fine wine of Arena PVP and the aged cheese of Invading low levels in Soulslikes- because it's fun. It's about as Even as you can get invading in DS3 and Elden ring games since higher levels it devolves into Ganks using magic spam and cheese builds. The advantaged Estus flasks are also pretty good equalizers against Ganks.
It's also rewarding when I do a low-level challenge run and come back to low level areas and play with my food. It's for sure a pure spite and sadism activity. But they're not VR games where it's particularly personal.

Shit talk is for e-sports and actually even fights with friends or fellow sportsman, such as the Arenas. In this case, Kill them and go to your next victims, taunting them in voice like this is just silly since the really pleasurable part is if they reach out to talk to you and get mad, not the other way around. :pepehmm:

100% Mom has been pk'd in old school games. And this teaching is the only true way.

It's even better than that. Hinagiku's mom is a survivor of this universe's equivalent of the SAO incident, so her hatred is even more of a justification since it was actually a "die in the game, die in real life" kind of situation.

Dex-chan lover
I guess I thought those would just be under the "beastman" umbrella.
There are a few different type of Kitsune in Japan mythology. The most common type are the divine messenger, the "Tamamo-no-mae" (evil) kind and the basic "half human half fox".

Dex-chan lover
Having played games with PK mechanics, this is pretty true to reality.

PKers want the joy of stomping on people and inflicting pain on strangers – I don’t know if it makes them feel powerful, or if it’s just a flagrant indulgence of sadism, but every PK group I’ve wandered into has been pretty open that their enjoyment is derived from the suffering of their targets (and any loot they get is a nice bonus at best).

Players who actually enjoy PvP for the challenge hang around the arena-type areas (such as where Crim and crew fought Silver Wing before).
Here's a fun example from World of Warcraft:

WoW has organized "battlegrounds" that are broken into level brackets based on character level. A common tactic used to be "twinking"; getting a character to the top level of a bracket and then gearing them out to the max, including items you wouldn't normally have at that level, because the extra stats/enchants mad a huge difference at those lower levels.

While there was certainly some skill that went into planning out the best amount of gear / items you could get without moving into the next bracket, the end result was always the same: being able to obliterate weaker players who couldn't fight back.

Many expansions ago WoW added new ways to get experience, such as exploring new areas, doing crafting/gathering, etc. Twinks flipped out because it ruined their ability to sit at a specific level and destroy people, and so begged for a way to disable their xp gains.

Blizzard complied, but with a catch: if you turned xp off it would only let you do battlegrounds with other people who had turned xp off. You weren't going to be allowed to sit at a specific level and acquire gear just to murder people who were still leveling.

Twinking pretty much died overnight; there was no real interest in having the "even playing field" they used to lie about twinking providing. Once you couldn't stomp people with your extra stats interest dried up, and the only people who bothered turning xp off were people who wanted to try and experience certain parts of end-game content at the intended levels.

Dex-chan lover
:meguu: should have skipped the other two chapters released today. This made my day

Dex-chan lover
Very much this. Waaaay back in the day, some 20-ish years ago, I started playing Runescape with a friend at their recommendation. Back then, as I remember it (which could be flawed after so many years), Runescape had a dedicated PvP zone in the northern section of the map and it was the only place PvP was allowed.

Well, it also had valuable resources that tempted a newbie like me int venturing into it despite wanting absolutely nothing to do with PvP. I wasn't there for more than 5 minutes when some dude like 20-30 levels above me decided he wanted to come fight me solely because I was a lower level.

And in Runescape at the time, again as I remember it, if you died, you dropped everything where you were killed; I had a decent heap of resources I'd gathered on me, so I booked it to avoid getting killed and the dude kept on chasing me until he finally caught me and killed me anyway.

There was absolutely no reason for that other than the whim of someone wanting to fuck with a newbie.
That's the base nature of humanity at its best. Despite everything, humans are still animals. Our base instincts are violence. That's just how we are. The only difference between us and other animals is just that we have evolved/were created (or both, whichever you like) with a higher capacity for sentience, which comes with the weight of morality. In a world with no real consequences like a video game, we can freely indulge in our baser instincts and desires with no fear of moral dilemma. Though if Buddhism were to be believed, just the thought of committing violence is still enough to inflict the Bad Karma debuff on yourself. So if you are a Buddhist, get fucked lmao. you gotta exercise tighter self control than people of other beliefs (fuck me, am I right? I am definitely going to hell with all the shit I have thought about lol. Being a Buddhist is suffering xD) Though, the weight of the debuff should be lighter than actually committing evil, but a stone is still a stone regardless of weight. With enough small stones, even the biggest of ships shall sink.

At least that's my thought on the subject.

Dex-chan lover
now that's better, don't be a naive character, be more brave and crazier...
ok the last part, tone it down a little lol

anyway about PK, i hate it, if some games i wants to play have infinite PK (no designated for PK only) i stay away at all cost. it's not for me

Dex-chan lover

because same reason why people play with arsehole characteristics in games like in Telltale Games and Larian Studio' games.

I enjoyed being a PK mofo in MMOs as it feeds to my weird need to RPs in being a street thug. I had a guild for that of likeminded individuals just for RP enjoyment's sake. If youu people are already weirded out by this, pre 2010 asian MMOs (especially S.Korean MMOs) is the place where it is even more mindboggling than you'd think.

Dex-chan lover
Not a bestmen, but a bestcunny.
because same reason why people play with arsehole characteristics in games like in Telltale Games and Larian Studio' games.
I actually sometimes enjoy just seeing that the devs clearly wanted you to do one thing and just doing another, because don't give me the option if you are too lazy to make it good.

Dex-chan lover
I know manga and WN don't necessarily always tell the same story but do we get more of a backstory on the weirdness going on with Crim IRL and if so can you give any hints?
[Yes, real life plays an important part in the plot but it'll take a long way for the manga to reach that point.]

Users who are viewing this thread