Destroy It All And Love Me In Hell! - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - In the Light of Day

Dex-chan lover
She can't be fixed by anyone else. She gotta fix herself. For now, she got what she wanted. Getting rid of the burden others expectations have been putting on her. By ironically choosing to abide by her imagined expectations coming from Naoi. Naoi herself was confused as well lmao.

That look that she gives Naoi after everything in the classroom... She really was asking for validation.
I dont think shes just shifting to whom expectations to live by here. Was more like "are u satisfy with me acting true to myself now?" Naoi also didnt looked confused to me, but surprised since she didnt expected Kurumi to really rip her mask so bluntly in front of the whole class. When Kurumi 1st glaces at Naoi in the crowd she looks down with the same disappointed look which gives Kurumi an unintended push to be free. Here Kurumi behaves out of what Naoi expected from her.
The validation here was about if she acted herself enough not really about acceptance regarding Naoi expectations.
Well, thats how i see it.

Dex-chan lover
I dont think shes just shifting to whom expectations to live by here. Was more like "are u satisfy with me acting true to myself now?" Naoi also didnt looked confused to me, but surprised since she didnt expected Kurumi to really rip her mask so bluntly in front of the whole class. When Kurumi 1st glaces at Naoi in the crowd she looks down with the same disappointed look which gives Kurumi an unintended push to be free. Here Kurumi behaves out of what Naoi expected from her.
The validation here was about if she acted herself enough not really about acceptance regarding Naoi expectations.
Well, thats how i see it.
Comparing the look in Naoi's eyes to the look in the teacher's or Kokoro's and they don't match. The latter's eyes look so hollow when they're disappointed. Meanwhile, Naoi's were shown still very emotive. I'd say Naoi was more sad than disappointed based on that.

Also, symbolically, Naoi was standing on the teacher's dais, the raised platform from which they lecture. Kurumi was in essence asking for Naoi's performance evaluation.

And Naoi does call Kurumi out for just letting other people decide things for her even after they left the school. Because Kurumi was going along with whatever she assumed Naoi had planned for her at that point. That's why after Naoi says that, Kurumi starts trying to come up with something they could do together.

Dex-chan lover
Okay this is getting interesting, I wish they can destroy the walls surrounding them and start rebuilding themselves, they deserve it

Oh and poor Kokoro I feel so bad for her, girl just wanted a lesbian relationship with her bestie, hope she can find solace

Am I tripping or was Isanuma blushing in the latest panel seen of her? That was when Kurumi said “I couldn’t care less about you.” Maybe that was just from embarrassment or something. I also don’t think it’s a mark from the slap she got from Kurumi, since it wasn’t in the side she got slapped in

The sad thing is, Kurumi is a genuinely good kid at heart, but got messed up so bad by her mom and the teacher, who couldn't care less abt her problems and forced her to be their own emotional punching bag cause she didn't have enough authority to go against them. There's just something so frustrating about individuals who are good from the start being constantly abused by the selfish ppl around them and turn into a more f-up version of themselves.

Same goes for Naoi, even if she is far from a saint who did nothing wrong, but just like Kurumi, a combination of terrible parents and teachers is not gonna help the girls deal with their traumas in a healthy way, and even further encourage the girls's own self-destruction tendencies.

Meanwhile, Isanuma and Kokoro, while completely different from each other, are just 2 side of the same line, they both have their own twisted interpretation of Kurumi's "crimes", but due to their own tunnel visions, fail to realize that Kurumi herself, while bear responsibility, isn't really the root cause of the problems.

Personally, to me at least, the "look" Kurumi give Naoi was her finally admit that she knew, and wanted the same thing as Naoi : telling all the ppl who abuse them to go straight to h ell. And since she accepted her own selfish desire, both she and Naoi weren't alone anymore, and isn't that a comforting thought, no matter how short-lived it will be?

And like, idk, even if this is a yuri manga focusing on the romantic (?) relationships of two very broken girls, it still such a good social commentary on how irresponsible adults who are too full of themselves and who are too focused on their own selfish wants can mess up a whole generations of children around them. So much of the problems could be avoided if the adults just stop being abusive, step up to clean their own mess, and interfere when things get out of hands. Kuwabara Tamotsu always have such an interesting view abt society and relationships on their works.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
all it took for the bully to bend is a sentence or two, i wasnt expecting that lmaooo. they are so cute
Speaking from the personal experience, even simply doing 2-hand kabedon and telling to knock it off does the trick. Bullies do these things for fun and getting suckerpunched doesn't constitute it.
I'd imagine with guys it might've gone in a fistfight that nobody actually wanted but gladly those girls weren't keen on it

Dex-chan lover
The chains are free! But so is the safety net. Time to fly with grace and pretend like we know how to land!

Definitely giving "end of Vol 2" vibes, and I wouldn't be too sad if it was the case. Tbh it could even end the series and while it wouldn't be perfect, the whole "breaking free" theme has pretty much been captured successfully. Hoping there's more though
yeah there's more, the next raw chapter is expected to be released next month

Users who are viewing this thread