Destroy It All And Love Me In Hell! - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - If Only

Dex-chan lover
After some thought, I realized that Naoi having any cash left on her or not is irrelevant due to a certain detail in the chapter. Her dad asked her to "withdraw" some more if she didn't have any on her at the time, so to do that so late at night, she'd need her debit card. A love hotel would accept debit.

As for why her dad was so insistent on cash, in Japan there are still numerous Izakaya's that are Cash Only.

As for love hotels, there is little to no interaction with the staff. They don't show people to their rooms. Either it's a machine like slyss pointed out, or there's a window with a privacy screen where the guests pay without the employee ever seeing what they look like. The only other people one might see in a love hotel are other couples in the common area hallway leading to the rooms.

Double-page supporter
After some thought, I realized that Naoi having any cash left on her or not is irrelevant due to a certain detail in the chapter. Her dad asked her to "withdraw" some more if she didn't have any on her at the time, so to do that so late at night, she'd need her debit card. A love hotel would accept debit.
In Japan, cash is usually withdrawn using cash cards (or passbooks) which cannot be used for the kind of transactions you would use a debit or credit card for (though I have heard some debit/credit cards also let you withdraw cash). Of course, she may also have had a debit card with her or they could have always stopped by a convenience store to withdraw cash.

Also, was the series on a break for June?

Users who are viewing this thread