Detective Conan - Ch. 1120 - The Stand-in

Dex-chan lover
So when Conan says "why does your face even looks like mine anyway?" He just straight up gave away he's Shinichi to Kaito right? And the whole magical drug to shrink you body that would be otherwise unfathomable in their ordinary world.

Not like it wasn't given away already with their current deal but at least that you can still sort of twist it to Conan was told by Shinichi to tell Kid to do his a favor via cellphone. The same schpill that was used for everyone else with no one raising any question.

Dex-chan lover
So when Conan says "why does your face even looks like mine anyway?" He just straight up gave away he's Shinichi to Kaito right? And the whole magical drug to shrink you body that would be otherwise unfathomable in their ordinary world.

Not like it wasn't given away already with their current deal but at least that you can still sort of twist it to Conan was told by Shinichi to tell Kid to do his a favor via cellphone. The same schpill that was used for everyone else with no one raising any question.

Yeah I think at this point he actually does trust Kid, it's not like Kid can tell anyone else and have them believe him. He's a master thief and all that....

Anyway I called it last chapter, he's not even wearing a disguise, I've been wanting this to happen for a while

Edit: actually, this could be a deliberate choice for the long-term story. Now that Kid knows Conan's exact identity, he could get curious and end up being a valuable ally in the final arc.

Gosho Aoyama is getting old, at some point he's definitely going to decide to draw the final showdown with the black organization, and a guy with Kid's skills could be pretty useful in setting that up in a convincing manner.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

He already knows Conan is Shinichi, since way before Kaito helped set up Haibara's fake death at the train.

Anywho, my God that pouting Ran was so adorable. Almost 30 years in serialization and still one of the cutest heroines

Dex-chan lover
You know? It'll be interesting if kid basically said that i can tell you, but you either won't believe it or get yourself killed

So happy with this new chapter!
For those who are confused as to why Kid seems to know Conan’s identity, they had a reveal in one of the earlier Detective Conan movies (I can’t remember which) however they never showed this in the manga or anime. They must have just decided to roll with it in the manga at some point.

(Thank you very much for the translation!)

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I bet Kid would turn out to be right, because he's managed to solve mysteries himself before. He also might have noticed something while sneaking in that the others haven't.

Users who are viewing this thread