Detective Conan - Ch. 1131 - The Lead-Coloured Middle Day

Dex-chan lover
  1. How did the murderer manage to manipulate the corpse of the victims especially in a short notice?
    • I read a comment that all the victims landed on top of a line. Do those lines mean anything for the case?
    • Smartphone placement- First phone fell from the sky. Second phone was inside the victim. Why the change?
    • The screams of the second and third victims. Do they play a clue on how they died?
    • Does the code spell out a different meaning instead of 'EVIL'? Do the messages on the smartphone play a factor in changing the code to spell out the next victim or the murderer?
  2. Heiji's actor is extremely suspicious-red herring?
    • First victim- Left with the first victim. Actor of Iori mentioned that Heiji's actor arrived earlier to the scene when the victim fell but pretended to arrive later. If that's true, why would Heiji's actor do that? Why would he not mentioned that in the interrogation room to have a better alibi? Would arriving too early ruin a trick?
    • Second victim- Was sleeping when the second victim fell. Could he have pulled something off in the sheets to cause the second victim to fall?
    • Third victim- The pain in the chest when he exits the interrogation room for a smoke break. Now it does allude to him having something sharp that he's hiding. Did Heiji's actor find time to weaken the railing and then lure the third victim to it to cause the third victim to fall?
    • Also, there's the opportunity for a showdown between the actor of Heiji vs Heiji himself. Kazuha's mom may appear in this case...will she intervene with the arrest?
  3. Kaede's actor was my prime target but her being this paranoid is making me lose suspicion. I still think she's involved.
    • Second victim looked at her suspiciously after the first time. Why?
      • Also don't forget her words she said in the interrogation room about 'weakness' and 'aiming higher'.
    • What did the actor of Kaede noticed in the two pictures of the victim to cause her to faint the second time? Did the second victim left a dying message that frames her? (lol).
    • The noise that Ran and Kazuha heard leading up to the actor of Kaede's suicide attempt. Did all that noise lured the third victim onto the weaken railing?
  4. Mouri's actor could also be the serial murderer.
    • The bathroom. This is second time he had to use bathroom due to illness. What is he setting up in the stalls?
    • How could he commit the 2nd and 3rd murders if he's in the bathroom?
    • Very limited screentime compared to the other two suspects. Hard to say much about him.

Interesting case so far. I'm still not sure how the murderer pulled it off yet, but I assume the answers lies into looking more into Marionette dolls.

Dex-chan lover
....Hmmm..I'm still guessing it's the actor who portrayed Heiji.
  • Sharp pain on his chest when he left the interrogation room.
  • 3rd victim died because the railing broke off.
  • Actor of Heiji was near the victim.
Now it all alludes to Heiji's actor finding the opportunity to weaken the railing using a sharp object and then luring the third victim to lean on the railing to cause it to break by yelling for his attention or something.

Again, I'm still thinking he's a red herring--he's too suspicious for my liking....

Dex-chan lover
Is anyone else suspicious as to why Kazuha is wearing a mask? 🙋‍♀️

Maybe Conan’s constant use of them is making me paranoid but I feel like we are going to see more about Kazuha before the chapter ends.
I've noticed she doesn't have much presence in this case so far. It is odd if the payout is a successful Heiji confession.

Dex-chan lover
I just wonder how long is this going to go? Does the author have an end in mind or will he die first before we even get to the rest of the black organization?

Dex-chan lover
Why the hell did that guy go into a balcony (alone, even) after recently seeing two people dead (presumably) due to falling? -_-

Hell, now that I think about it, why did Inspector Otaki decide that the suspects must be interrogated in a room located higher than the ground floor? Shouldn't he make sure that everyone's not at the elevation where anyone else could die from falling for the third time, if not just relocate from the building entirely?

"Evil" is too obvious methinks. Maybe it's "live" or continuing from there; "alive"? Dunno what that would mean in this case' context tho.

So what does "The Lead-Coloured Middle Day" mean btw?

EDIT: It's Otaki, not Okita -_-

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I just wonder how long is this going to go? Does the author have an end in mind or will he die first before we even get to the rest of the black organization?
The plot seemed to have started moving a little faster recently, but with even the latest movie breaking records, I wouldn't be surprised if the publisher would want to stretch it a bit more. The quality of cases has gone down, though, so I hope the ending has already been written before Gosho completely runs out of ideas.

Fed-Kun's army
The plot seemed to have started moving a little faster recently, but with even the latest movie breaking records, I wouldn't be surprised if the publisher would want to stretch it a bit more. The quality of cases has gone down, though, so I hope the ending has already been written before Gosho completely runs out of ideas.
Honestly I hope Gosho will just end Conan and make Shinichi spin off or finally ending Magic Kaito

Dex-chan lover
Hell, now that I think about it, why did Inspector Okita decide that the suspects must be interrogated in a room located higher than the ground floor? Shouldn't he make sure that everyone's not at the elevation where anyone else could die from falling for the third time, if not just relocate from the building entirely?

It's funny because in the next chapter..

Kazuha’s father arrived on the scene and is pissed that people are dying under the police's watch.

GWQ1_BCX0AAJWWj

Dex-chan lover
It's funny because in the next chapter..

Kazuha’s father arrived on the scene and is pissed that people are dying under the police's watch.

GWQ1_BCX0AAJWWj
I can relate with Ginshiro because for real tho, the second and third incidents are massive negligence on Otaki's part, which is weird because he was never shown to be this neglectful before.

EDIT: It's Otaki not Okita -_-

Last edited:
  1. How did the murderer manage to manipulate the corpse of the victims especially in a short notice?
    • I read a comment that all the victims landed on top of a line. Do those lines mean anything for the case?
    • Smartphone placement- First phone fell from the sky. Second phone was inside the victim. Why the change?
    • The screams of the second and third victims. Do they play a clue on how they died?
    • Does the code spell out a different meaning instead of 'EVIL'? Do the messages on the smartphone play a factor in changing the code to spell out the next victim or the murderer?
  2. Heiji's actor is extremely suspicious-red herring?
    • First victim- Left with the first victim. Actor of Iori mentioned that Heiji's actor arrived earlier to the scene when the victim fell but pretended to arrive later. If that's true, why would Heiji's actor do that? Why would he not mentioned that in the interrogation room to have a better alibi? Would arriving too early ruin a trick?
    • Second victim- Was sleeping when the second victim fell. Could he have pulled something off in the sheets to cause the second victim to fall?
    • Third victim- The pain in the chest when he exits the interrogation room for a smoke break. Now it does allude to him having something sharp that he's hiding. Did Heiji's actor find time to weaken the railing and then lure the third victim to it to cause the third victim to fall?
    • Also, there's the opportunity for a showdown between the actor of Heiji vs Heiji himself. Kazuha's mom may appear in this case...will she intervene with the arrest?
  3. Kaede's actor was my prime target but her being this paranoid is making me lose suspicion. I still think she's involved.
    • Second victim looked at her suspiciously after the first time. Why?
      • Also don't forget her words she said in the interrogation room about 'weakness' and 'aiming higher'.
    • What did the actor of Kaede noticed in the two pictures of the victim to cause her to faint the second time? Did the second victim left a dying message that frames her? (lol).
    • The noise that Ran and Kazuha heard leading up to the actor of Kaede's suicide attempt. Did all that noise lured the third victim onto the weaken railing?
  4. Mouri's actor could also be the serial murderer.
    • The bathroom. This is second time he had to use bathroom due to illness. What is he setting up in the stalls?
    • How could he commit the 2nd and 3rd murders if he's in the bathroom?
    • Very limited screentime compared to the other two suspects. Hard to say much about him.

Interesting case so far. I'm still not sure how the murderer pulled it off yet, but I assume the answers lies into looking more into Marionette dolls.
Long responses from me but I agree with you.
I lean more to Heiji's actor as the culprit but I have some kind of doubt.
-It might not be sharp object, but blow torch kind of device. Railing looks like it's melted, not cut/sawed.
-thus why in a room where it's prohibited to smoke, the heat from torch could trigger alarm or something.
-going outside to search for code is just a way to disguise to call victim from below so victim would lean on the railing.
-IMO it's a bit weird, during second victim scream, he's already awake and slept on bed next to the window, but not directly get up from bed after hearing the scream. >> it can be that the scream is just a recorded sound, victim fell several min/hrs ago, moving her body to match the pose, and he played the scream using remote under the blanket, hiding the remote then coming to the verandah OR he uses some kind of rope trick that utilize two large boxes outside the window (but making the pose would be hard/impossible).
-long haired guy said that he saw him arriving earlier on ground but pretended to arrive later >> it can be that he used same method as long haired guy murder, calling from below so the victim is fall without needing to push from above. because as everyone else say, why would he falsify something that can be a great alibi for him. first victim is attracted to him so he could ask her to go above while he went to ground floor.

things that I still wonder why:
-actress fainting, twice, and also hyperreaction about her accent, a bit weird
-agree with 'aiming higher', still don't know what she meant. I assume because she knows fainting actress like the culprit and she doesn't like that she is suspected to have the motive to kill first victim by the fainting actress.

a bit lame execution if Mouri's actor become the culprit because he mentioned about the sky while he was in the bathroom for long time.
also lame if EVI code use the same meaning as detective in reverse like in Tokyo Tower Bombing Case >> more reason to make Heiji's actor, a detective, to be a culprit. But I suppose it won't be the case because fainting actress only know 2 out 4 letters (EV) and suddenly fainting because she knew that the culprit is Heiji's actor.

Toshikata's most probably the culprit. I'd love it to be Tenma or Yuka but...Or maybe that's Tenma AND Yuka after all? I doubt there's some kind of trick to the murders. They may just have been pushed. The signs may just be random... It may be a lure. I tend to believe Toshikata was colluding with Miku, Nobuya and Ayari for some kind of shady business and eventually silenced them one after the other, trying to frame the other two for the crimes. Or maybe he's aiming at Heiichi's role after all, or wanna keep Daigoro's role. Tenma is doing his best to divert suspicion away from Yuka, and maybe he's really ill... Regarding Kazuha, she may be scheming something with her mom for Heiji's birthday or something of the kind. If disturbed in the confession, she and Ran may pose as each other or something similar. But I agree the investigation is quite confusing and abnormal, too much so as we don't find out the trick... Disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread