Detective Conan - Vol. 100 Ch. 1064 - A Light in the Darkness

Thanks for the translation!
Man, there sure are a lot of convenient items laying around on the sand... what's this, Man vs. Wild?

Man, there sure are a lot of convenient items laying around on the sand... what's this, Man vs. Wild?
I mean, people leave all sorts of things behind at the beach x)
With so many tourists visiting that island, there are some things bound to be left behind. Not to mention the things kept at the tourism building.

New chapter!!! I can see why Gosho had to do some research! When is the next chapter?!? Suspense is killing me!

Ahhhh hell yes, I was so excited for this chapter!!! *chef's kiss* All the Black Org squad group shots were perfection. Thanks for the translation!

Fed-Kun's army
There are things that bothers me about this chapter. First, I know that its been shown from the "FBI Code" chapter that the agents isn't as smart as the people in real life, but was this agent not received any survival training for him to need to be so careless as to start a fire in the open area.

Last but not least, how on earth can the B.O reach the beach faster than Akai and Conan did... I mean considering they're not far from where Camel is located is fair and all, but getting a boat ready so quickly just kind of baffles me.

It's gotten to the point where no teenager should know this much, either.

Like, even if all the information was already pre-stored in books, and pre-arranged in the Kudo home library, and all Shinichi had to do was ruffle through them once flip-book style to absorb them forever with perfect recall, that should still take longer than 17 years.

I'd compare it to how, in the 80 years Batman's been in his 20's, he's picked up some stuff.

It's really brave of the FBI to exclusively hire retards, they do have trouble finding work and it's a great thing they're doing

Seriously, how did camel ever get hired

There are things that bothers me about this chapter. First, I know that its been shown from the "FBI Code" chapter that the agents isn't as smart as the people in real life, but was this agent not received any survival training for him to need to be so careless as to start a fire in the open area.

for real man for fbi agents sent to fight againts one of the most dangerous black organizations in the world, they sure are stupid. the only competent member at this point is akai alone. like, do you even need to be taught basic survival skills by a 7 year old are you serious

I felt so dumb after reading this chapter
How, an FBI agent being taught basic survival by elementary student... How....

Thank you for the chapter!
Yukiko likes Akai, haha. The BO was cool.

When I read 'start a campfire' I couldn't believe my eyes. It's so cliche being found out because of it, that it's unbelievable. I get that the plot needs to go forward, but he could have at least started the fire in the tunnel, and Rum could have made his deduction about the currents and went there anyway, just in case.

@doradora
I agree about the agents, and the same is for Rena. She should know already who she can kill to keep her cover. She should have phrased it like a reminder instead of a question as they are from different agencies. EDIT: I mean, without that "That'd be fine, right?" at the end.
I think the boat was fine, tho. We don't know what Rum was up to, and they are really rich. He has probably called a group of nearby low level operatives to prepare one of their boats as soon as that agent fell into the sea.

@SemperSolus
Nah, Conan said two groups of things, he probably learned about the two fortresses in a history class in high school, and the rest from a survival book 'how to survive using scraps'.

Here's a solution :

call for backup - BO surrounded by cops - captured - The End

don't know how camel passed any FBI IQ test... he's being hunted and the first thing he does is light a campfire on the shore😐

Fed-Kun's army
Campfire in the middle of the night on a lone island. Anyone could tell that it won't end well.

Oh well.. At least some progress for the mainstory.

@Ryo90
Who would they call? Surely not the police as they are in Japan illegally, and the police doesn't know about the BO. They could round up various agencies, but it takes time and they may notice, be informed or manage to escape. Not to mention that the BO would fight, and they may call their help too. It's not like those six are the whole BO.

The result would be a big fight where the foreign agencies would be thrown out of Japan, maybe cause a diplomatic incident and the BO would sill have all the money, most people, the knowledge, buildings and management.

You guys Vermouth and Kir are like shit they will know sooner or later. (They be looking nervous)
Vermouth: She knows Conan helps the FBI so she thinks his identity will be revealed if they keep on looking for Camel.
Kir: She knows that Akai is still alive and if Korn remembers Camel's face she will get killed and also Akai will also get found.

Next Chapter. 1065: Will come out on Dec 2 in Japan, here in Mangadex is 3-4 days later so on Dec. 6 or 7

@Ryo90

The BO are watching the surrounding area. If cops start mobilising they'll pull out before they can be arrested. There's a posibility the BO have infilitrated the Japanese police so it'd be a risky move to call them in at this stage, and the FBI aren't even supposed to be in Japan, hence they've never gone to the police for help before. They're investigating illegaly.

@Shuichi

You realise Shinichi's almost an adult, right? And Camel's FBI, not military, so I'd assume wilderness survival wasn't part of his training. Certainly not "you can start a fire with a battery and a gum wrapper", in any case.

I don't really get why the BO are confused about why the FBI would try to save one of their own. Even if they can't grasp the concept that the FBI won't abandon their people, wouldn't it be logical that they don't want him captured even without his face being recognisable? He could be tortured and give up vital information.

Users who are viewing this thread