Detective Conan - Vol. 99 Ch. 1055 - Kogoro, Caught in a Dilemma

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, rat face is definitely not Rum since that's what the mangaka wants us to believe...Also, this celebrity woman appears often in the manga, now that could be just because Kogoro loves her and the mangaka wants to have that comedy around or it could be that she is one of the BO people. She is hidden in plain sight and the BO has never shied from recruiting people in the public eye as proven by Vermouth and Kir. Also, she is casually hanging around Kogoro probably because Gin has always been suspicious of him and Gin is high ranking so I assume he told the boss and people above him (namely Rum) about the issue.
I'm just speculating but it makes sense

Double-page supporter
I need more evidence for rat face to make a decision on if he's Rum or not. The main issue I have with him is that he doesn't do much aside from the convenient timing of coming over all the time, though that does tend to be a pretty common habit of all the other pretenders in this universe (seriously Akai, your acting sucks). I guess if he's not Rum, then his real identity is either just a die-hard Kogoro fan or he's from another government agency who's keeping tabs on the Mouri Agency since they have so much contact with the organization.

Anyway, I haven't really deciphered the mystery much, but I'm guessing this is supposed to be a mystery where you have to figure out who's injury would be the least debilitating for the crime? I guess I'll put a bet on the wheelchair girl, since I suppose that one's easy to fake or get around by using some murder trick and then they'll try to play innocent by saying they can't walk normally.

Also yay for it being back~

thanks for the chapter, pretty hyped to see what we'll learn by the end of this case

Dex-chan lover
I figured Kogoro's dilemma would be something silly or trivial but I still didn't expect toilet paper.

Also, this celebrity woman appears often in the manga

Actually, she rarely appears. Out of 1055 chapters, this is only the 18th chapter she physically appears in (not counting cameo appearances on posters, photos, TV screens etc.)

I hope the resolution gives a proper reason for why whould the killer made it a locked room case, unlike for example the case from files 918-920. Aoyama seems to think that locked rooms are neat things to throw around without always giving a reason for their implementation, like to make it seem like a suicide or an accident (which is impossible in this case because the victim has an f-ing arrow on his back). The other possibility would be the Scooby-Doo route, that the killer wanted it to look like a ghost did it, which is lazy to say the least but at least the locked room would then have a reason for existing. I really love this manga but this inconsistencies are just dumb.

Dex-chan lover
how long has it been in-universe? pretty weird for her to have a smartphone while conan looking like he hasn't aged a bit.

edit: reading back a few chapters, it's been half a year apparently. wow.

how long has it been in-universe? pretty weird for her to have a smartphone while conan looking like he hasn't aged a bit.

It's not weird or even unusual, it's a simple floating timeline or "Comic Book Time". Like e.g. The Simpsons.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComicBookTime

Dex-chan lover
It's not weird or even unusual, it's a simple floating timeline or "Comic Book Time". Like e.g. The Simpsons.

i mean i know about that, but like, more than a 1000 chapters later in the short amount of time seems kinda ridiculous

DQM

Apparently someone managed to solve the code in a Japanese forum.
Take Ace to be 1, each card is a letter. Take the suit from the card and get the letter in the position indicated by the number on the card. Ex: 2 of Spade will be P (2nd letter of "spade").
The full code is "help attic ni iru hannin ha himi" (help attic, the culprit is himi).
It could be a red herring though.

Aggregator gang
@DQM sounds like a red herring to me, because why bother make a complicated code when he could have just yelled or do something that's more easier to understand.

Dex-chan lover
I think this is what happened:
The guy went to the toilet during night but somebody was already in there. Then when he turned around for some reason (maybe he had such a pressing need for toilet that he intended to go do it outdoors? Maybe the mansion has another toilet elsewhere?) the person inside the toilet opened the door and shot him in the back. The blood trail comes from him running away towards the attic. It's a locked room because the victim locked himself in there before dying.

Dex-chan lover
@youkame
And if you pay attention to events like Christmas, Tanabata and so on, I'm pretty sure it has to have been several years. So what?

Thank you for this new chapter!

And what a lovely cover for the magazine, specially made for Tanabata too! So nice!

Users who are viewing this thread