Detective Conan - Vol. 99 Ch. 1057 - The Reason for the Cipher

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I need to rewatch the entire series to remember what’s going on...

Hahah yeah, I have a pretty good memory and pay a lot of attention, but I get the feeling that over half of the more casual readership have completely forgotten that they're still looking for a person missing one eye who is the second in command of the black organization. So we got introduced to a bunch of people we're supposed to be suspicious of all at once and the author has just been dragging out the reveal over several cases.

@tsukari741
He said something like "bloody hell" before
srsly?! are you forgetting that this is translated, or did he seriously somehow actually say "bloody hell" with a TN denoting that?

@Lightbrand
Ace means to read the first letter of the card suits then rearrange them to mean SDHC lol.
they srsly butchered this cool nickname with that interpretation.. anyway, we all know the series is full of such otherworldly deductions

Dex-chan lover
That ace deduction was so..... Stupid..... Like, ace is a pretty common nickname isn't it? Is it ace in the original too?

Aggregator gang
Sort of deduced domestic violence, sort of deduced the brother being in on the murder but the 'victim' did not know, also deduced that the English reader cannot decipher the code, which happens quite often.

So we got introduced to a bunch of people we're supposed to be suspicious of all at once and the author has just been dragging out the reveal over several cases.
You don't do a reveal after introducing characters without giving them some build-up. Wakasa is the only of the three that has gotten enough build-up so far, Wakita and Kuroda still need some.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the translation
It is really everyone mad at the Ace SDHC translation and not the fact that those people are like overt 30 y.o. and there is no way that they knew about SD cards when they were kids? I know Aoyama completely ignore about the differences between the story timeline and real timeline (like the aquarium flashback where they had smartphones), but this is really stretching.

Group Leader
thanks so much for the translation.
While I love Conan, I really reminiscence sometimes about the old vibe of the series.

Double-page supporter
The case was... really meh xD Like other says it felt weak compared to others.
I know they're trying to build up Wakita and try to let him convince us that he's a Rum suspect but no matter what he does, I can never take him too seriously and pin him as one... I'm definitely on the side where Rum is Kuroda since even if it was 'obvious' as people say, it'd honestly be the most scariest because he's very high up in the police force and since he has so much power with an organization that serves for justice, who knows what he's able to do with it? It's just a very frightening thought that seems something the Organization is able to do since he's also able to get information more easier than being just a mere sushi guy that lives near a detective agency that sometimes visits because they order sushi. That... honestly just sounds very lame in comparison.
Anyways jealous Azusa? :D Can we get some Azusa x Amuro action Gosho?! Like we can get such an amazing story where Azusa slowly finds out his identity and still accepts him for who he is. And then Amuro would try to leave her out of his many cases to protect her and keep her away from danger. (I'm just so down for it xD Zero's Tea Time really tainted me badly!!!!)
I'm honestly getting tired of the other couples he's been showing (like the police ones.. except Yui x Kansuke~ <3 We don't have enough content of this couple! Damnit they're our police childhood friends that actually has one of the most interesting backstories!!) We need some fresh couples! I still miss Higo x Yoko. That was such an amazing couple that I didn't know I needed xD To think it was just a 'misunderstanding' Nu-uh! We need this couple so Kogoro can get out of his fanboy phase and it'd just make great development! >:D

SDHC was announced in like 2006. There's no way these 40 year olds were calling each other Ace for that reason when they were kids.

Haibara would have recognized her if that were the case. Amuro is investigating her as he suspect she is involved with the Haneda incident because of the shogi piece he found during the previous case

I think Haibara might have recognized her but keeps quiet about it. The thing that stuck out to me was when Haibara told Conan that she was quite fond of Wakasa-sensei during the camping trip case in which Hyoue Kuroda also showed up. In any case, I hope Wakita is Rum just because I already have theories on who the other two suspects are and I really want them to be true.

Dex-chan lover
@Somer-_- Just give the series time, eventually so much time will pass without the series ending that it will make sense. Not like they will ever end the series or something lol.

Double-page supporter
Man, one more chapter till vol 100... this manga has really come a long way

Fed-Kun's army
I don't even mind all these fucking breaks, if the cases were interasting and the story would go in a decent pace. But in the last 4 years not only the chapters quantity went downhill but theire overall quallity as well.
These "cipher" types were always stupid, but this one is definitely in the top5 of "stupides shit I have ever seen."

Users who are viewing this thread