Detective Xeno and the Seven Locked Murder Rooms - Vol. 8 Ch. 79 - The Last Locked Room - Detective Xeno

Double-page supporter
this arc/end definitely does feel rushed, quite possible author thought he had more time, but the publisher gave an unreasonable deadline so we got the quick and dirty conclusion to whatever this was

Dex-chan lover
The last couple arcs got quite hand wavy on the tricks and explanations (not to mention plot progression), rushed or not it felt like the author was running out of idea.

In any case, thank you for completing the series!

Double-page supporter
AMONGUS
This last arc was a bit on the weak side. No final mystery to be solved or anything like that. Just navigating through the Murder Room Maze and the game with Kinou/Licht. Xeno going "Nah, I'm not gonna listen to the truth about myself, have to save all these dumbasses" was a bit funny though. Still, this manga was a nice ride and I'm glad I read it through to the end. Wonder if we'll see a sequel since we got teased at the end with the fact that Xeno got amnesia twice.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this definitely has a sense of the story needing to be wrapped up fast. But my hats off to the author for a very entertaining read, over-all.

Dex-chan lover
"Alright, ladies and gentlemen."
"Please do no move from your spots."
"The culprit is among us!"
(Page 18)
They really left us with a AMOGUS at the very end.. Meh, the arcs towards the end of the manga weren't that good, I'm disappointed it ended abruptly.

At least I can finally mark this as finished after 5 years, thank you for the translation.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The ending aside. I like this manga, can anyone give me some recommendations?

The ending aside. I like this manga, can anyone give me some recommendations?
Hmm off the top of my head I enjoyed QED (Katou Motohiro), CMB (Katou Motohiro) and the Kindaichi series, the mysteries here are generally standalone though rather than an overarching one like this.

For ones with an overarching mystery, Tantei Gakuen Q (Shin Kibayashi, Satou Fumiya), Migi and Dali (Sano Nami), 20th Century Boys (Urasawa Naoki), Pluto (Tezuka Osamu, Urasawa Naoki) and Monster (Urasawa Naoki) were enjoyable - these last 3 are classics.

Hope these are a good start for you! I'll @ you if I think of more down the road - too bad I can't filter my completed list by tags haha

Users who are viewing this thread