Dev news: Launching API version 2 (also v1 deprecation notice) | Last updated 2021-01-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
lastChapter
seems to be null everywhere, is it supposed to? I figured it's the
Code:
Reading progress:
Volume 0/7  Chapter 0/717
part, but it's null even on titles that are finished and have the last volume/chapter visible on site.

Double-page supporter
JQNOJgH.png

🙄​

Another undocumented feature: you have to be authenticated to
Code:
v2/manga/
some Korean webtoons.
I know it was always a thing, just not sure why it's necessary in the API.
not anymore

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Mattish posted:

"GET /chapter/{id|hash}"
"mark_read": "(Optional) Mark the chapter as read. Boolean, default true."

Defaulting to making a change/write on `GET` is misleading, but I can understand the intent behind this. I'd say it's worth considering flipping the default.
Yeah, I kind of hate it, but the rationale is basically the same as simply adding to a view count on a GET request. I could see the point of flipping the default, but adding the read marker "should" be the default result, if you know what I mean. We'll probably revisit this with v5, but this is partly a matter of sacrificing API purity in favor of minimizing the amount of requests necessary.

"POST /user/{id}/marker"

There isn't any way to query read markers and isn't returned on any other endpoints. Is this just WIP?
Yeah, it was just to achieve parity with v1 since this feature actually did exist, and to have at least one write endpoint to base future work on. I'll probably add like a manga-specific marker endpoints in the near future.

@Halo Yeah that's in response to Jobobby04's request on page 1

@TheAMM Thanks, found the bug.

Double-page supporter
@Teasday Glad to be of service. 🙂

Did you change the hidden manga behavior? Thanks.
In the browser, as a guest: https://mangadex.org/title/37071/inso-s-law
Warning: Manga #37071 is not available. Contact staff on discord for more information.
API:
Code:
api/v2/manga/37071/chapters
and
Code:
api/v2/manga/37071/chapters
Now it works.

@Teasday also agree with the change, list of objects it should be :)

when's the change taking affect?

Changes aren't to major for my case it seems :)
bC4X17G.png

This is a bit of a non trivial request but is there any chance search will come to the api? I know searching is/was locked to logged in members only but that could just give an error response when there is no cookie present.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@katarushisu posted:

when's the change taking affect?
Sometime during Saturday hopefully.

@Isotab posted:

This is a bit of a non trivial request but is there any chance search will come to the api? I know searching is/was locked to logged in members only but that could just give an error response when there is no cookie present.
That's the plan, but it's pretty much going to have all the same problems as the current search. Unless I do some heavy rewriting, which I... don't think I will. We'll see.

Power Uploader
@Teasday Not sure what backend you're using, but I've had great success with swagger for auto-generating API docs for Python and Java web services. It's quite a bit easier than making a JSON api doc by hand (assuming that's what you've done here).

Anyways, thanks for your hard work!

I use Tachiyomi app with mangadex. Do i have to bookmark all my manga there again after the release of new API or can I transfer my data to the new one?

Double-page supporter
@Sheesh_Saifi No. Tachiyomi devs will update the MangaDex extension and the only thing you'll have to do as a user, is to update it like you always did:

pk7l4da.jpg

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Daxar This is just built with the existing PHP backend we have. At this point, setting up proper tooling would basically be more effort than just quickly editing a little controller.

Thank you for followed-manga and that it includes all follows and not a limit with pages! 🤩

If anyone wants to get manga data from ID offline, you can use this:
https://github.com/dazedcat19/FMD2-DB/tree/master/7z
MangaDex's is d07c9c2425764da8ba056505f57cf40c.7z
It has link, title, authors, artists, genres, status, summary, numchapter, jdn.

Why was there a departure from PayPal? If it means keeping this place from going down the path of Manga Rock, I’d like to donate regularly but have never handled cryptocurrency. Would it be possible to idiot-proof donations?

I also have a lot of experience with R and webapps using it if I can help. I’m learning python now to access its libraries as an alternative, but it’s mostly data visualization and interactive models. The two can be used seamlessly in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread