Devilchi - Ch. 82 - I’m happy with Fuyuki-kun.

Dex-chan lover
While I was reading the chapter I kept thinking of ways for the author to stall the plot. Like, Fuyuki not wanting to form the chigiri until he got his memories back, the risk of them dying was too high, they needing to confirm their mutual feelings...
When Fuyuki accepted, for a moment I thought that maybe my worries were unfounded and they were going to do it. Then it turned out that despite being the one who made the first move, Yomina is still too shy to kiss the boy she always loved who loves her back, which in my opinion is kinda stupid.
Considering that the chigiri was introduced around chapter 50, it took 30 chapters for Fuyuki and Yomina to act on it, Fuyuki's calm attitude ("we have a year, no pressure"), the fact that we aren't even halfway through the raws, I think we can easily guess what will be the pace of progress between the two. I keep wondering if Japanese readers are actually happy with keeping the status quo indefinitely.

Double-page supporter
Female childhood friend made more progress in a shorter time than MC who had the chance the whole time

This was ... expected, but no less disappointing.

Like, we seemed to be heading towards the ending for the last few chapters, and then ... this.

So I guess the next 50 or so chapters are more filler arcs, then we'll start on the slope towards a confession again, then we'll go back to step one.
Forever.

Users who are viewing this thread