Devious Miss Crimson - Ch. 9 - Soul

Dex-chan lover
I really liked the art, but Jess going from wanting to murder Crimson to wanting her to live happened a little too fast. I thought “weren’t you trying to kill her one minute ago?”

Dex-chan lover
This was way shorter than I thought it'd be, i thought this would have atleast 100 ch or smt 😂 😂

If I'm getting it right Crimson got backstabbed by Jess? But Jess actually didn't backstab Crimson?? And it was actually bcs she wanted to kill the dragon...??

Group Leader
Thanks for uploading your work here, I enjoyed it.
I especially liked the way you used color to emphasize the otherwise black and white pictures.
This was an entertaining read. An intriguing story. And the art fit very well overall mood. :headpat:

Aye I'm really glad the artstyle was liked as much as it was, it's definitely a look I'll be improving upon for my next projects, limited colours and all

I really liked the art, but Jess going from wanting to murder Crimson to wanting her to live happened a little too fast. I thought “weren’t you trying to kill her one minute ago?”
This was way shorter than I thought it'd be, i thought this would have atleast 100 ch or smt 😂 😂

If I'm getting it right Crimson got backstabbed by Jess? But Jess actually didn't backstab Crimson?? And it was actually bcs she wanted to kill the dragon...??

Sadly I had to limit myself to 70 pages total as I had a pretty steep deadline to meet for this project, a lot of stuff had to be stripped down for me to be able to tell the whole story within those limits. As such, I sacrificed pace a bit and banked in on visuals

As for Jess, the idea was that upon recovering her memories she'd want Crimson dead, thus bringing her to the Entrance Hall - as opposed to the King's Hall as planned - so she could have the Colossus kill her.

Once Crimson got snatched up by the Dragon however she quickly regretted her decision, viewing it as her abandoning someone she cared about a second time, mostly because Crimson herself had little to no say on her actions during the siege.

Again, had to strip down things a lot sadly, I had considered making an extended ver of the story after all was said and done but I figured that'd be energy and time best spent on my next projects which hopefully I'll be sharing soon

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the series, it was entertaining while it lasted, yes the conclusion did seem sudden but it effectively showed the forces at work and the dragon's complacency. Keep up the great work and it will be interesting to see what the next project is.

Users who are viewing this thread