Did anyone else have their accounts logged out on its own?

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN:
I think when logging in there was a box "remember me up to one year" which you can choose, drastically decreasing the chance of this happening.

Fed-Kun's army
Just happened to me, but it might have something to do with cleaning and restarting my computer.

for me it has happened within a session. Admittedly I leave my pc on and stay logged in but locked when I'm not here. I keep multiple tabs open, latest updates, mdlist, and mangas that I want to read, couple forum sections. I have experienced being logged in, being on one tab, jumping to the tab with my mdlist and noticing that I have become logged out at some point despite never closing my browser session.

Dex-chan lover
Only happen to me when I don't visit this site for exactly a day.
Maybe same thing to you.

Reminder to everyone that we have 2 types of sessions.
[ol]
[*]A temporary session which persists for at least 1 day. You will stay logged in so long as you visit the site in that browser at least once every 24hrs. After 24hrs of inactivity, you will be automatically logged out. Note that keeping a tab open does not count as activity. You must load some mangadex page, click a link, or refresh the tab to keep your session logged in.

[*]A persistent session that lasts for 1 year even if you don't use your account often. In order to obtain a persistant session, you must click the remember me checkbox on login. If you have been with us for a year or longer, your session may have recently expired. Also worth mentioning that if you recently created a new persistent sessions for our .cc domain, it did not propagate to mangadex.org because cookies are restricted to the domain that issued them.[/ol]

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that's the thing, I've loaded MD in the past 24 hours (unless I'm misremembering things) as well as click that a year checkbox.

remember me thingy doesnt work on my laptop's firefox. always have to relogin after closing firefox.
but on mobile phone it does work.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe check your browser to see if the option to automatically clear browsing data, especially clear cookies after closing the program is on/checked or not?

Dex-chan lover
@FireFish5000 Considering I was also logged out when we swapped off .org for a bit, couldn't have been a whole year since this persistent session started. Likewise got another log out the same time as OP.

Doesn't really matter that much to me, but it was unusual.

Changing your browser's user agent will log you out. If you change it back (to what it was when you logged in) and still have the session cookie, then you'll be logged in again.

Users who are viewing this thread