Digimon 2023 Oneshot Contest - Ch. 4 - DIGIMON VARIANTS

Dex-chan lover
Jogress death evolution? holly shit that's cool!

This story would have been even cooler, if they didn't wanked it to the greymon line, and actually made it work with the numemon line finishing it with a death evolution into Rare Raremon

Dex-chan lover
If they're 'data' surprised they could die versus corrupted/thru a virus lol but interesting concept

Dex-chan lover
I think the rival should've stayed to the end to see the result of his actions so that he could be remorseful and realized the error of his ways. And from there, together with Daigo they could be changing the society's stigma of "wrong evolution" by also raising a variant and proving variants can also be as strong as the mainstreams.

tl;dr less Greymon line wanking, more rival redemption

Dex-chan lover
Really like the approach to this, IIRC there was a character in V-Tamer like this with the whole outlook on competitive meta right? (been like a decade since I read it so I might be misremembering)

Dex-chan lover
Really like the approach to this, IIRC there was a character in V-Tamer like this with the whole outlook on competitive meta right? (been like a decade since I read it so I might be misremembering)
Yeah, Neo Saiba, the main rival antagonist. That obession was what led him to creating Arkadimon, the main driving force of the manga's second half.

Users who are viewing this thread