Disapearing follows/completed tags?

reu

Dex-chan lover
Is there any known problem with follows/completed tags disappearing?
There are some older series like Jackals, Fairytale for the Demon Lord, Tripeace, Shaman King, Shinobi no Kuni, etc that I could have sworn I have tagged as completed multiple times.
It might be just shitty memory so if this is not a know issue just ignore it.

I have experienced the same. Pretty sure some manga I read have been unfollowed/unbookmarked with Isekai Meikyuu Harem being the most recent. All the read eye has also disappeared with that.
I haven't cleared history or cache for some time now. (And even if I did, I still had a lot of working bookmarks)
Hope you can check this out once the team has time.
Thank you~

TL;DR - heavy load error page.
I'm 99% certain I know the reason for this.

Have you noticed the heavy load error pages? Well when you change the reading status, sometimes it will get the error page instead of changing the status but you won't know it.
One time I noticed that my reading status wasn't changed, so I checked the browser tools network tab and noticed it was because of the error page.

I also noticed there is a warning popup for when your reading status isn't changed, but it seems like it only shows the warning if the network request isn't sent instead of also when the response is an error page. When I was trying to debug this issue, I encountered the warning when I disabled XHR/fetch using the uMatrix browser extension and then changed my reading status.

I 'm not sure i fully understood your explanation.. I hope I did.

In example, I mentioned Isekai Meikyuu... I had it bookmarked for a long time now and it hasn't made any issues. Even before the server load issues started to be a major problem. It updated me properly for a few chapters since i started reading it. The only reason I noticed the bookmark was "undone" was because it was in the new updates but not in my follows. And yes, this isn't the first title to have the follow/bookmark "undone".

As for the reading status, yes I have encountered it. Either refresh and retry or it doesn't work at all in my experience. In that case, I just bookmark it to my browser and retry a few days later and hopefully it works.
I haven't received any notice of "bookmark fail" or anything similar though.

Thanks. I'll keep a lookout for what you have described to me.

I am having this issue as well with multiple manga. A few titles that this has happened with are:

The Max Level Hero Has Returned!
Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu
Isekai de Kojiin wo Hiraitakedo, nazeka Darehitori Sudatou to Shinai Ken

This is just a few titles in my list that this error has happened to.
I thought I was going crazy but if this has happened to others I now feel like I might be a bit more sane.😅

Users who are viewing this thread