Disqus Rejection Reasoning?

Code:
[s]hi everyone - quick question, what are the chances of having disqus implemented as an additional comments system across the website?
(the current comments system is really slow to load for me, and doesn't always send my messages. plus you can stay updated with various other sites you're signed up to)[/s]

as i was finishing typing this, i went back to read if this was suggested yet, and lo and behold, it has, and had already been rejected (good thing i checked! lol)
has anyone said anything about this? as in, as to why it won't be implemented, and if there's any possibility of this decision to be thought-over again?

i should clarify that i'm not against the decision to reject it, i'm just hoping to understand why it was rejected to begin with - please keep it civil!

Dex-chan lover
@eksynn

Disqus supports up-voting and down-voting, which have repeatedly been rejected as corrosive. More generally, the staff want to develop commenting to fit their visions of MangaDex, rather than settling for what is done by a service such as Disqus.

Previous discussion: [ul]first query
second query
third query[/ul] Albeït perhaps not deliberately so, it is somewhat uncivil preëmptively to ask complete strangers to remain civil.

Users who are viewing this thread