Do race? - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Flying Cinderella of Dorace

Dex-chan lover
Those t/n notes are weird.

First, highest cornering speed doesn't equal lowest lap time. There's three "principal" measures to a corner : entry speed, mid-corner speed, exit speed. Depending on what comes afterwards - another corner, a combination of corners, a short or long straight the strategy for each corner is different. You want high exit speed when coming onto a long straight. You want high entry speed when coming off a long straight. You want good average speed on a combination of corners.

Well, generally, it depends on a lot of other factors too.

Overtaking generally happens in breaking zones, that's just before corners. There's typically an optimal line through corners; so if you try to overtake in a corner your opponent merely needs to stay on that line and you'll have to take a detour around them. That might make you slow immediately or slow on the next straight, thus losing the position you've just (maybe) gained. Thus you overtake at the corner entry, when everyone needs to keep the car straight to break for the corner, and then defend into the corner (if necessary). Of course this also depends on a few factors - it's a bit different in oval racing for example.

Anyway. What was even the point of that ... 😅

Girl reminds me of Saki. But less ... vicious.

@Pyoro thank you for the explanation! i'm really sorry for putting up weird T/N since i'm not familliar with race and the manga just throw the terms. I was only looking up for quick explanation and copy pasted that 😅. I'll delete the T/N.

Users who are viewing this thread