Do You Like Funny Scanlation Groups ?

Contributor
When I am reading scans, some stories do not have a very good story in my opinion.
But every time I saw an update from certain scan groups, I am very hyped just because the chapter might be very funny and interesting.

Am I the sole reader like that ? Do you have a favorite ScanTrad Group like me ? 🍏

Dex-chan lover
Not like the group that picked it up are doing a bad job, but Pumpkin Night just isn't the same without Chillock...

Dex-chan lover
Not like the group that picked it up are doing a bad job, but Pumpkin Night just isn't the same without Chillock...
Bruh for reals say what you like about him but at least the man made it worth your while to tune in

Group Leader
THIS IS WHAT IVE BEEN TLAKING ABOUT. PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT HOE STUPID THE TRANSLATION. SHIT BRO, If you dont understand Chillock please just dont read it

Yeah but only if the real story is bad. I also once read scans that started adding a nose onto the main character. The original artist just stopped drawing their nose..

The thread question: "Do you like funny scangroups?"
Answer: probably, yes but depends.

Retarded scanlating where they change the actual contents of the story? No. I'd probably hate it. Especially if there's something they referenced from the game they really love but the readers do not understand them because they do not know what their referencing it from.

but there's some scanlators between them that I'm interested.

Scanlations where they would make the story more lovely without changing the script or contents.

i.e. They make it more understandable to the readers with TL Notes, QC Notes and PR Notes etc.

Contributor
it more understandable without resorting to awkward notes
Sure, but sometimes it is necessary that the TL explains you the name's origin from XXX mythology and that it refers to XXX legends in Japan/China...

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Sure, but sometimes it is necessary that the TL explains you the name's origin from XXX mythology and that it refers to XXX legends in Japan/China...
My point stands unchanged

Users who are viewing this thread