Doctor Elise - Ch. 99

Ok this is awful, and i'm not talking about the situation but the writing. I've been waiting a long time for that reveal with all those half-assed flashbacks and that's what we get ?
Now i'm 100% sure no one will die.
i also don't get why they beat around the bush to tell us the past. It's not like revealing it later or earlier would change anything to the story.
Seems like the author didn't really know what they wanted to do with this at first and just made a sad sad backstory for the crown prince and using it now for some forced drama

Made insulting remarks and that's enough to strip her if her title and confine her? And it reduced her to suicide which she dragged her daughter into?

As a doctor, shouldn't she know better than to work when sick? Shouldn't the operating theater be sterile?

Wow.... just wow... I’ve been waiting how big tragedy it was for everything to be so messed up and what? She was slandered for insulting remarks and confined? Why bother to brought her daughter too tho, uuuggghhhh I can't even feel sympathetic with that. Such a weak-willed empress.

Honestly, the comments about the Empress here are just...no, guys.

First off: making insulting remarks, depending on the target of said insults, was, and in some places of the world remains, a crime. If it is insults against a monarchy, it is specifically called lèse-majesté, and yes, it did at times carry the death penalty. Today, it's mostly gone but there are still some monarchies around that have laws criminalizing criticism towards the crown.

Thus, the Empress and her daughter being punished to this degree is accurate. If anything, though, it's remarkably tame and we can probably consider the Emperor's intercession as the reason they weren't punished harsher.

Second: There is no specific timeframe given for how long the confinement lasted. While the scene where they plead for mercy and her double-suicide were only a few panels apart, it's clear from her pre-suicide appearance that not only was she not entitled to the same level of luxury as Elise was when she was confined there, but that it had been some time.

Third: Even then, the emotional trauma of being arrested and thrown into prolonged confinement by your loved ones for made-up crimes would've probably been significant. And the longer it dragged on, the more she would've despaired. Her reaction, then, to commit suicide is again, understandable. As for why it was a double suicide...well, did you see her daughter resist at all? No, right? Then perhaps she wasn't an unwilling participant in the suicide and had been equally traumatized by their experience under confinement.

Fed-Kun's army
i don't care what anyone says...the blonde empress have to be killed .-.
it's a shame that Michael would probably have to be killed too but...eh you can't get everything
because pretty sure they are the one who spread the rumour and made those evidence....i mean people with power and money would be able to procure that kind of thing easily .-.
"how can you be so sure the blonde bitch empress is the one at fault" dunno....one look at her and i'm annoyed so that's good enough reason for me lol

anyway....Jesus...the crown prince need to chill...he's just checking her pulse

Personally I'm inclined to blame the Emperor for this mess. It seems that he married the 'first consort', Marian, for political reasons, because she was from one of the families that put him on the throne.

However, unless the Empire allows polygamy, then the Empress, Rebecca, was either his concubine or his mistress. He decided to coronate his mistress as Empress over his nobly-born wife. He decided to honour his mistress over his wife, and implicitly state that he thought his mistress would make a better Empress than his wife.

And
his children via Rebecca seem to have been put before his children by Marian.

That's an utterly, utterly boneheaded move. In one move he alienated his some of his most powerful supporters, because he honoured his mistress over his wife, and put his wife's children after his mistress' children. It's no wonder they were furious.

He could have avoided this if he'd just avoided making Rebecca the Empress and just kept her and their kids quietly in an out-of-the-way manor.

What he did was basically pulling the Robb Stark approach to marriage.

Users who are viewing this thread