Doll-Kara - Vol. 4 Ch. 22

Oh my, he just went and made her see the light. Not that her story is over with only that but still she was corrected surprisingly quickly.
And I thought that the swimmer would be a more sinister person but she was just a delinquent. Next will be "aikido sometimes works" vs uh, an American boxer or something?

Jet

Such a strange martial art competition. MC literally lost twice in a row to some no-name fighter at the very start... What is there left to depict, I wonder? Clearly those other practitioners from her dojo are way weaker and never had a chance at winning to begin with.

Contributor
@InedibleSpook If the name and eye tattoo doesn't give it away, she's a gender-swapped parody of Mike Tyson (Ivonne = Iron).

Yeah no, shitass mom doesn't deserve a redemption arc. Abandoning your family because "I wanna be an athlete though" is not remotely reasonable. You don't just get to pretend you care again after not giving so much as a postcard to your daughter for all those years, after the death of her father no less.

. . . . . . Kay I am dropping this. I won't read this regularly anymore.

I don't like Deus ex Machina wins that aren't explained. MC losing for no reason when he hasn't done anything for 10 FREAKIN CHAPTERS is too much.

What's the point? Drama? Wow, then I guess the martial arts tag is wasted then. I didn't come here to read drama, if I wanted drama why not read Yakusoku no neverland or Made in the Abyss?

This is kinda boring plot wise. . . . .

Dex-chan lover
@crazybarsWhat are you talking about?
It has been a few chapters now that the sintonization of the soul and body has been explained and how he should not be fighting because of it...
So far there has been no Deus Ex Machina in the story....

Dex-chan lover
I just started reading this and caught up today. For people who says that mc should be op because he is a legendary fighter, if you read again, he is not meant to. Yes, he has the experience but he is not in full control of the body and he was not revived for the purpose of fighting, rather to just help the girl revive the dojo. At one point even the white cat said it didn't revive the old man to enter the fighting scene again, which it called "cheating" compared to other fresh talents.

In any case, I like the story so far. It has acceptable balance of realism and entertainment, with not everything can work out with just spirit, the part he persistently making connections ever since he was young is very much as real life; people won't give their time if they don't know you. It also plays around the replaced soul trope, usually the original soul will cooperate with the replacement but I never see they go to each other and trade fists, this kind of tension is fresh. I also like that eventhough the subjects of the story are JKs but author never exploits the characters for fan service, the characters are very likeable because they are people, and people have goals and make mistakes, making the story less predictable and tight.

The author could however try to reduce the explanatory text boxes, it is nice to read in depth explanations but sometimes it's just too much.

Added to watch list. Also thanks for the scanlators, keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread