Domestic na Kanojo - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I want to become an adult quickly

I read this chapter without reading the description. This chapter got my hopes up. The next chapter dashed them.

Dex-chan lover
Do be warned, those who enter here. The story that follows will disappoint you at many turns. It will intentionally deceive to add shock value. The tragedy tag isn't for the story itself. It's a meta tag referring to the story's trajectory.

@thaughton you are wrong if you're looking at this with any type of thought. you are also wrong if you're a rui fan. it's tragedy bc there's a good 5-10 tragedies in this.

Dex-chan lover
@CastleGuy I am merely the messenger, do not attack

I was a Hina fan initially. This manga did her a disservice, proceeded to development a realistic relationship with Rui and the MC, then failed to execute a return to Hina. Plus Hina was steadily trimmed down to a few traits: love Natsuo, serve and help Natsuo, alcohol is good. Love Rui in a painfully childish manner. Seriously how does she not grasp why Rui would want to move out for Haruka's sake and development. She literally seemed like a caricature of her former self in that scene. It was the final nail in the coffin for me when considering this manga as a whole. It was a disappointing way to see Hina-Natsuo, to say the least. The pregnancy was in bad taste as well. If you were talking about intentional deception, look here: Kei Sasuga: A Master of Intentional Ambiguity - https://www.reddit.com/r/DomesticGirlfriend/comments/gz6eza/kei_sasuga_a_master_of_intentional_ambiguity_also/ It summarizes it pretty well.

Dex-chan lover
@CastleGuy

I can understand not viewing Rui positively, but that's not really where my grievances with this story lies.
I sincerely feel that it failed to meet my expectations for competent story telling, despite meeting those expectations at in earlier arcs of the story. It's a disappointment, essentially. I would rather take the time to warn people away from reading it in a semi-joking manner than let them stumble in blind. Whoever put the tragedy tag on it probably had the same motivations.

Dex-chan lover
Many who have commented have shared their thoughts pretty well but I would say that I loved this story
The development of both Natsuo and rui's character are pretty well done. I would say try it.
Thanks for reading my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread