Don't Call it Mystery - Vol. 2 Ch. 4 - Between Train Lines [Localized]

It seems that I am asking myself the same questions as him, I really like the fact that we gradually discover him through the discussions he has with others (his father was definitely not a good father figure for him)
Very good manga and thank you very much for this quality translation

ah, such a good chapter. the virgin road part really confused me when she said it so I'm glad it was clarified that's not an actual loan word (just looked it up after the end of the chapter too and found an article from 1993 about it!!)

I want him to find Garo and learn that it was all a set up. it just seems to stupid to send the arm to him, I can't believe he'd do that....

Thank you for releasing the chapter so fast, it is such a great read. I hope to see more of Garo soon too <:

Double-page supporter
ANOTHER UPDATE FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

Once again we start picking up on Totonou's past, because that panel "I want to repay them someday," just...sticks with me. It reminds me of the conversation he had with the other guy about when parents neglect their kids they start to feel apathetic towards them, and how Garo mentioned he reminded him of a kid, wanting attention 👀👀👀

And now: GARO!!! MR IKEMEN I MISSED YOU! I'm so happy I freaking loved this guy, loved watching him speak, loved his surprising perceptiveness, and his interactions with Totonou always had this undertone that I couldn't quite put my finger on, I guess the best way it sums up is Totonou's line, "Someone I was kind of interested in." *insert more eye emojis* I kinda like how the mangaka is relaxed with that part too, how Totonou is so chill with liking (or not) both men and women. Nice touch. Can't wait to see what's next for this guy on the run.

The story with the wife also made me sad, the poor mother, and seeing her little messages to her daughter she had barely seen but loved so much... the ending was dark, then again it's been a running theme of sorts, of how far you'll go for the ones you love and the deep desire to protect (or in Garo's case avenge) them. I liked how they deciphered the little pictures together, and wOW I can't imagine the work put into translating that into a way we'll understand properly, thank you so much OP!! It's one thing to translate directly, but to put it into a context we'll get better makes me so happy ;w;

Dex-chan lover
"I'm sure you'll forget all about this, won't you? ;) "
"No lol I have excellent memory"
BOII SHE WAS TRYING TO WARN YOUR ASS.

Agh, Tamura keeps introducing all these interesting characters. I hope we get follow ups on some of their lives. ;o; But most of all I want to see Garo again! I love his and Totonou's interactions. If the train ride was this interesting, I'm sure they'll have one hell of a reunion.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly good for them. And my hats off for a champion localization of a really fucking tricky concept!

Dex-chan lover
"I'm sure you'll forget all about this, won't you? ;) "
"No lol I have excellent memory"
BOII SHE WAS TRYING TO WARN YOUR ASS.

Agh, Tamura keeps introducing all these interesting characters. I hope we get follow ups on some of their lives. ;o; But most of all I want to see Garo again! I love his and Totonou's interactions. If the train ride was this interesting, I'm sure they'll have one hell of a reunion.
Bro this dude is actually fearless as hell lol. Last arc he kept "challenging" the guy with the knife with his words. Maybe it's kinda foreshadowing his past?

Users who are viewing this thread