Don't Cry Maou-chan

Fed-Kun's army
To be honest, it was purely what it was written for: cuteness. I knew it is the main point of the story but I found the heroes well… bland, I guess it is a representation of people who love cuteness for the sake of it but it was for me just harassement, of course it wasn’t violent or anything but it still is sad that the demon lord was never taken at least once seriously. My true problem was the last chapters, during the serie it was mostly comedic but the ending
with the whole Evil goddess attack (also i didn’t believe not even a second the heroes died forever) and the classic « humans and demons can live together » felt off because the war for me was never really serious, like the heroes always helped the demon lord meaning that it isn’t that bad if the war drags on. I mean if they wanted to spare her they could at least find a compromise. As I said the whole premise isn’t my thing (I started because the manga was about a demon lord and I wanted to see how it would play, not the cuteness) but what I think should have been different is the ending wich could have been more open, there could be hints like « possible peace » or « trouble with god » but nothing serious as for me this story was never supposed to be serious at all.

Users who are viewing this thread