Don't Mind the Sex of Others

I listed it as yuri because that's what it's also tagged as on pixiv lmao
...which I forgot to add a link to

Dex-chan lover
Greatest love story ever told. Btw, I don't see the yuri part on this, is more like shoujo ai if was something.

Fed-Kun's army
If anyone still wonder why yuri, here is why. You don't chase to a person through many years just because you admire them. This is subtle yuri. So please stop the idea that yuri must have kissing or sex. It's childish.

Dex-chan lover
@Raycu Yes, an invention of Western culture. Yuri in Japan is used any kind of romance between 2 girls, be it sexual or not. Shoujo-ai on the other end is a synonym of Lolicon in Japan. There was a discussion about that on the forum not so long ago https://mangadex.org/thread/191519.

It was a good way to leave it to readers to imagine how their relationship went from there, but damn I want to see more ><

Contributor
I'm removing the shoujo-ai tag because "shoujo-ai = subtext" has not been a definition supported by this site, and there's zero romance in this, even if the tropes all appear to us to be leading up to one, probably. (On the same grounds that I'd remove a "romance" tag if this were straight, basically).

@Lilliwyt:

EDIT: Seems I may be out of date and the mods have changed attitude on this. Which, again, is fine by me. I believe I'm still on firm ground saying this particular one isn't shoujo-ai nor yuri. I will leave my initial reflexive barking about the subject, that follows, as-is... for posterity or something.

I mean... not to break any illusions, but we are using western manga fandom culture conventions, because we are in western manga fandom culture...? There's a lot of those misappropriated terms, really, it's just this particular one happens to conflict with Japanese language usage.

Pragmatically, it poses a big problem when a particular site can't stick to one convention for the tags. Since this one started out with, and is officially stuck with, the shoujo-ai/yuri and shounen-ai/yaoi set of four tags, it helps a lot (for people who want to know what is in a work) if the tags are used consistently like that as the loanwords that they are, rather than based on real Japanese meanings.

Well, you've probably heard all this before. I'm all for dumping the current tags and their sordid history and just moving to GL/BL, but in the meantime...

The Yuri tag is correct since the author sells this manga+other of her yuri works with official wlw’s.

Users who are viewing this thread