Doppel-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - I Want To Exchange Contacts With Yamamoto

Group Leader
Thanks for the kind comments! I'll keep translating this from time to time as long as it's not picked up by someone else, and as long as I have the motivation and raws (I need to figure out Magapoke's points system).

My Japanese is also mid-level so if anyone is interested in checking my lines, I'd be happy to know :)

Group Leader
She likes visiting shrines; he doesn't think that she's worth that effort. What a rotten ethos.
I don't think that's it; it's probably that he's just too introverted and anxious to immediately take a big step and try something new like that. I definitely relate to that anxiety. How would he bring it up if it's not one of his own interests, anyway?

I haven't read ahead yet but I'm sure they do end up going to those places. It sounds like story material to build up towards.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think that's it; it's probably that he's just too introverted and anxious to immediately take a big step and try something new like that. I definitely relate to that anxiety.
You're contradicting yourself. To say that he's introverted and anxious is to point to some of the costs for him. He regards her as not worth those costs.

Group Leader
You're contradicting yourself. To say that he's introverted and anxious is to point to some of the costs for him. He regards her as not worth those costs.
Well, true, but I don't think he even realizes that or thinks about it in that way. It requires some self-reflection and personal growth for sure. He'll get there!

Edit: just realized the pics could be a little higher quality. Screencapped at 1080p before but the pics are actually 1378 pixels high. Luckily I used a vector program to do the editing so it's very easy to replace the images lol. Will do that soon.

Last edited:
Group Leader
v2 uploaded. Took the opportunity to fix some awkwardly worded phrases.

I swear that coming up with naturally flowing equivalents to Japanese sentences while staying faithful to the content is the hardest part of translation...

Dex-chan lover
Hattori started gaming to get close to Yamamoto? Well, that's an interesting motivation, but I'm sure she had fun playing games even without him. She completed a game in two days after all.

It seems even with Doppel-san, Yamamoto is still a bit shy. I guess you can't suddenly become confident in a few hours. Well, at least he got her contact info. Now what game will they be playing together?

Users who are viewing this thread