Dororo to Hyakkimaru-Den

@starburst98 , the spoiler reporters/mods here definitely err on the side of overcaution. I got both spoiled and a warning because I made a guess who a boy was related to in a mystery series (My Home Hero). The boy had a skillset Character X had, Character X said he had a brother, and both the kid and Character X had family problems. There's a limited number of characters introduced in the series. By spoilering me, I found out my guess must be correct. Which kind of sucks, to be honest?

The best part of this series is Lute Monk's facial expressions. I love the way the artist does his blank eye smirks. It has a classic western cartoon vibe somehow.

I came here to see if anybody would say this is a Samurai spinf off of Beserk, he is kinda a Hybrid between Guts and Inspector Gadget.

Group Leader
@dyuinco That would be the case if Dororo came out after Berserk, though I also feel like seeing a less-hardcore Guts and Puck in this version of Dororo.

Contributor
In general, I hope this ends up being better than the original — the Tezuka version starts when Hyakkimaru has killed a few demons, I forget how many but not a lot, gives his background story in great detail, has him meet Dororo (who has a whole other plot going on), follows him through encountering his biological family, they figure out Dororo’s big plot point (which I am not spoiling here, go read the original if you want to know), and then Hyakkimaru just walks off leaving Dororo alone, and there’s like 2 pages saying that Dororo learned from rumors that he eventually managed to kill all the demons.

(Incidentally: they made a game based on the manga for the Playstation 2 called Blood Will Tell, but since Hyakkimaru is the MC in the game and it follows him through killing all the demons, the plot can’t be quite the same as the original, so don’t assume you know what’s going to happen if you’ve played it.)
That's hilarious! I hope it ends up better than the original too then. Also thanks for the game rec!

Users who are viewing this thread