Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Ch. 19 - Isn't This Something I Have Read in a Rom-Com?

Dex-chan lover
eh I think it’s pretty cringe and immature to think that writing novels should be kept as a secret. Thats why they are making fun of him. I think if it were something serious they would handle it differently.
Sure writing novel its not a big deal to me, TO ME, my friend said its a secret and thats the end full stop tutto completo, its not my secret and its not my place to feel if its something serious or not, I can say ,,hey have confidence its ok,, or ,,its a bit silly to hide this, it could hinder your future,, but thats it,

to me its that they laugh at him after disclosing his secret without permission thats the worst, I highly value trust and if someone did this to me our relationship would worsen quite a bit, and it would be hard for them to regain that trust, to me this so obvious, I dont know

Group Leader
"That weird event where you end up taking a bath with the FMC's father"
...Has that ever happened? I don't recall ever coming across that one.
I feel like I've read that one before, but I don't remember what's the reference

Edit: nvm I think it's actually pretty common taking into account onsens and stuff count as well, for example I think gamer girlfriend, uzaki-chan, dumb prefect, komi-san, etc. all had some form of that MC and father-in-law bonding time

Dex-chan lover
Classic cute girls can do anything like the tsundere effect
I think it has to do more with Manzai comedy. The girls play the role of Boke ("haha we accidentally spilled your secret so airheaded of us"), and the guy plays the role of Tsukkomi (getting angry at their thoughtlessness)

Group Leader
I think it has to do more with Manzai comedy. The girls play the role of Boke ("haha we accidentally spilled your secret so airheaded of us"), and the guy plays the role of Tsukkomi (getting angry at their thoughtlessness)
Fair, that is indeed the structure of the gag, but I'd say only attractive female characters or maybe the MC can pull this kind of BS, which is why we're annoyed in the first place

Boke-Tsukkomi can excuse exaggerated slaps but not domestic violence or betrayal of trust

Dex-chan lover
Lol the way he close the door🤣

Bro would be put on a wheelchair after that "novel reading" arc

Dex-chan lover
With this much criticism, I'm surprised this manga still going strong with 8 stars. I guess some people really like this kind of story huh?

Supporter
With this much criticism, I'm surprised this manga still going strong with 8 stars. I guess some people really like this kind of story huh?
It's probably from people like me. I enjoy watching someone come out of their shell because I can relate to that from when I was younger and a loner too. The girls exist as foils for his personal growth and development and the author has done a decent job of writing that aspect of this story out. The arc where he saved Sora from the delinquents didn't feel particularly forced and it's an easy win where a ton of mangaka or authors absolutely stumble on.

The critics seem to be people that want the girls to just be nice to him all the time and not have their own stupid personality quirks, for better or worse. At least for me I don't think they are being bitches. Maybe a little inconsiderate, but our boy goes on all the time about having different viewpoints, and at least they aren't blabbing his secret across the world but instead mostly just to people they trust or care about.

Anyway. Blah blah blah. You probably stopped reading by this point.

Dex-chan lover
I had the same feeling with MC when I learnt that Henry Cavill was a hardcore gamer. :kek:

Dex-chan lover
It's probably from people like me. I enjoy watching someone come out of their shell because I can relate to that from when I was younger and a loner too. The girls exist as foils for his personal growth and development and the author has done a decent job of writing that aspect of this story out. The arc where he saved Sora from the delinquents didn't feel particularly forced and it's an easy win where a ton of mangaka or authors absolutely stumble on.

The critics seem to be people that want the girls to just be nice to him all the time and not have their own stupid personality quirks, for better or worse. At least for me I don't think they are being bitches. Maybe a little inconsiderate, but our boy goes on all the time about having different viewpoints, and at least they aren't blabbing his secret across the world but instead mostly just to people they trust or care about.

Anyway. Blah blah blah. You probably stopped reading by this point.
I think the people who think they’re bitches just don’t have friends to banter with.

Contributor
"There's absolutely no sign of any events related to romance happening."
Press X to doubt.

I was thinking that I wanted to see Sora go with him to Ruri's house, and it actually happened. Nice.
I don't really get the anger over Sora and Ruri, they weren't being malicious about his secret. It's not like they outed him being gay or something, big deal. If they think these girls are malicious I'd say they haven't seen true malice, or met actually malicious bitches. These girls are okay — pretty normal, even.

Shame on Hodaka for assuming stereotypes on otakus. Ruri is an LN otaku and she doesn't even look like one, yet he was very rude to her brother because he looked like some flashy popular guy. I will not stand for this slander on my people.

It wouldn't hurt for him to have a male friend or two. I never once believed he was a true loner anyway, in chapter 1 he sure wasn't. He just needs to continue healing from his trauma of failing to find friends in the previous timeline.

pfft, I can't, the second time he close the door really get me, that was way too funny, Thanks for translation, keep the good work

Users who are viewing this thread