Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Ch. 24 - I'm the One Who Wants to Ask What's in Her Head, Okay?

Dex-chan lover
Man just tell her off already, say something like "if you're so good friends how come you didn't do shit to help her back then", she's so annoying.

Thanks for the chapter!
Wait... I think he will tell her off in the future... but on a different matter. Not this one. Looking FORWARD, that one is probably the peak Chad of his life.

Dex-chan lover
She does suck, but you might consider logging out of 4chan for a bit? The real world is not as evil as you've been led to believe, trust me :bocchiwave:
Who said anything about "real world" or "4chan" ? ANYTHING AT ALL?? i swear everytime i comment which is not a lot on this damn website..
Maybe you should follow your own example and log off from X formerly known as twitter:haa:

Dex-chan lover
If you wanna die on that hill be my fucking guest. Victim blaming at its finest jfc. GO read the LN before you make anymore "she feels" "she sees" "she knows" type of comments. Every time i insult a non-existent virtual girl there is some white knight going "well AHKCHUALLY 🤓 👆" i fucking hate weebs so much it is unreal.
Bro, what. I'm just sharing my opinion on the story and the characters thus far, same as you. Why would I white knight a fictional character? Also you can tell me to "read the LN", but I'm reading the manga, and my comment is based purely on what has happened in the manga. Maybe in the future in the LN she does something really bad, or maybe there's stuff in the LN left out of the manga that makes her look bad, but that stuff is not in the manga, so it doesn't invalidate my comment.

Dex-chan lover
If you wanna die on that hill be my fucking guest. Victim blaming at its finest jfc. GO read the LN before you make anymore "she feels" "she sees" "she knows" type of comments. Every time i insult a non-existent virtual girl there is some white knight going "well AHKCHUALLY 🤓 👆" i fucking hate weebs so much it is unreal.
You're bringing some wacky energy here that literally nobody shares with you lol. If you hate weebs so much, maybe the comments section of a manga isn't...the best place to be hanging out?

Dex-chan lover
There's no way you took a neat little starter for a discussion with zero intention to be negative against you and responded with it with vile assumptions on their character. This is a goddamn Japanese picture book forum, being nice is the least you can do.

On a different note, the character design change for the MC whenever he does something "cool" is pretty neat. Seems like his charisma stat is up. Also, thanks for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
Fuck thats good, imma steal it

m4ywlk.jpg
I literally lol'd at that lmao

Dex-chan lover
Man i actually quite liked the mc despite the cringy loner wolf front he had, but ofc japanese mc had to be a doormat every damn time. Also i know the blonde had good intentions, but she must be a massive airhead for not even thinking about the obvious consequences her action will have. Realistically the best way to help the mc is to clear his name by just admitting you’re a weeb yourself and own the fact that your own dumbass had bought a fkin ecchi book to the school

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Part of me really really really hopes the gyaru wins.... But we all know it's first come first serve. First girl wins in the end

Dex-chan lover
Why does this current arc feel like everything before it didn't exist? I'm not understanding the MC's complete confusion on why the gyaru wants to spend time with him. She's been trying just about since they met and didn't stop even when he made that misunderstanding happen to protect her. Like she read your really bad manuscript and lied about. Why are you acting like it's rocket science that she wants to spend any time with you? She's clearly never much cared for the plan of sacricing yourself over her reputation in the first plan and she obviously isn't nearly as stuck in her had as the MC. And the same goes for all the characters... like seriously why are they acting like they're copies that have been living in a void and just replaced the main cast this arc so they don't retain any memory from previous arcs? That metaphor ran away from me a bit but they're just so inconsistent (which I guess the answer is bad writing).

Hiiragi? I don't see anything wrong with her, she's looking out for her friend. You've gotta remember that as far as she knows, MC is a creepy otaku who's so obsessed with light novels that he went through the bag of a girl he barely knows and put a book in it. It's certainly not the worst thing he could do, but it's still weird.
The problem isn't how she's acting now. Rather I'd probably like her if this was her character from the start. But in that initial arc she acted very weirdly toward her supposed bestie under the belief that said bestie reads light novels. We also know from that arc that in the original timeline she straight up cut off her friend following this incident and didn't properly reach out. While the then former popular gyaru became a shut in and stopped going to school.

I mean that arc was just bad in general tbh, but we still have to o go with those characterizations. Which currently are that all of Hoshigasaki's close friends (especially Hiiragi) were going to mistreat and cut her off solely under the prospect that she reads light novels. That's pretty unforgivable and the author chose to "solve" the issue by having the MC take on that spite instead of addressing the fact that those make for some pretty terrible people and awful friends.

Have you considered it's the way you say things? Because as someone who also despises Hiiragi based on her characterization and writing, I still read your comment and just cringe. And if someone said that outloud in real life even if about freaking Hitler, I'd probably still punch them.

I mean this is just my take. Feel free to do with it what you will, but I'd say BECAUSE we're talking about virtual non-existent characters that what you say and how you say it reflects more on your character than that of a fabrication written by the author. From the outside looking in all we really see is how you choose to express your interaction with fictional media. And yeah, it's not a great look. I mean there are words there that aren't said at all anymore because it's offensive to other non-involved groups of people. Talking about playing the victim card, people talk gross online and try to cover it up as okay because it's not real or doesn't matter, but honestly all we see (I have no idea what your actual intentions are or what your character is) is what you choose to say when you have anonymity toward a fictional character.

Though to call myself out, I'd say I've acted similarly online especially when a character has just utterly infuriated me, but not since I've learned basic understanding that how I choose to represent and present my opinions and ideas and thoughts and feels matter. Especially if I care how I am perceived. Again, take it as you will, but you could just easily say Hiiragi's character is awful without using words that I really really hope you wouldn't in real life.

Why is this not tagged as harem?
Better question is if the main girl's goal is to make the MC friends, why hasn't she tried finding him any male friends. I feel like that might, actually kinda work considering the premise. On a certain level I do find it hilarious how series like this basically move the MC from loner status to "here's all the most popular girls in your school pining after you for... reasons" like if being antisocial and sometimes a decent human being with basic kindness is all it takes then why can't it be the same Irl 😭.

Though no cap, if I were the MC and I wanted ANY friends, I'd be craving some male friends who are closer to the same wave length. Plus male friends would be way easier to wean into for him. They care WAY less about being social.

Users who are viewing this thread