Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Naze ka Bocchi no Owatta Koukou Seikatsu wo Kanojo ga Kaeyou to shite kuru - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - The Reflection Meeting B…

Dex-chan lover
Sadly, it's nearly there since the light novel only have 2 vols then got cancelled :meguuusad:
How was the ending? If it got the axe without any ending I won't read any more of the manga. I hate it when there isn't a defined ending and I am left hanging.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure where the hate is coming from when comes to his friends. I understand we may want to be edgy and want a character that "goes his own way" and that he has given pretty valid and sound reasons to being a loner but I don't think the opposite is incorrect either. Humans advanced only by interacting with others and Nanamura cannot improve without the assistance of others. He can't become a good novelist without input from others and while you can experience things on your own, sharing those experience is like putting a force multiplier on it. I've been in his shoes where partly in elementary school up to two years into high school I was a straight up loner. Associating with others was difficult and as long as I kept to myself and did my own thing I'd be a happier person. When I made friends that I could relate with are some of my fondest memories.

So I don't think Sora is incorrect to say that he should make friends to find those experiences and that there should be someone in life to be interested in getting to know you. Hoshigasaki is important because having friends sharing hobbies is an amazing outlet and again is like another force multiplier being that they are relating to something outside of school especially since one of them is keeping it a secret. Shiramine's reasoning are noble and her philosophy on life is simple, but I think as a friend what makes her important is that she doesn't have an ulterior motive like Sora, has a small rivalry with Nanamura, and is able to challenge him when it comes to getting along with other classmates.

If I were to meet my younger self he'd probably say that I'm being cringe or that my reasoning would only invite pain which I'd laugh and say that they're probably right. Yet I would say that as a loner they'd be a liar to think that even for a moment and no matter how small the reasoning having one good friend at your side can be infinitely better than being alone all the time. No one wants to be an outsider and as humans we crave a community where we feel we belong. I think our boy Nanamura is seeing the light that while being a lone wolf is great and he can enjoy his own company, it only means he has a leg up in dealing with loneliness. Most people would probably end up to an early death if they didn't find themselves a group to associate with. Though he should be aware that as much of it being a boon it is also holding him back when the tough gets tougher he'll run back to being alone when others are actively trying to get him involved.

Dex-chan lover
Class prez is best girl! They’re all good heroines imo but class prez is the best imo. Sadly she isn’t the main heroine so her chances are probably nonexistent

Dex-chan lover
How was the ending? If it got the axe without any ending I won't read any more of the manga. I hate it when there isn't a defined ending and I am left hanging.
Can't say anything about the ending imo it feels like how every volumes of light novel ends. So, with how abrupt it is maybe an open-ended one.

I'll still give the manga a try since vol. 2 is really interesting and gives a good closure on Hoshigasaki's situation

I'm also hoping the author maybe continue the story as a web novel so it can carry on :haa:

Dex-chan lover
Cute chapter, I'm glad the relationship between these two is developing. Really hope the manga continues after it reaches the axing point of the light novels, though it's probably very unlikely.

Dex-chan lover
We should be nearing the end of LN's vol 2 right?
It would be nice if the manga continues on from that point, find out the novel getting axed broke my fucking heart since I really liked this series...
Faithful adaptation. Don't have any expectations.

Dex-chan lover
Can't say anything about the ending imo it feels like how every volumes of light novel ends. So, with how abrupt it is maybe an open-ended one.

I'll still give the manga a try since vol. 2 is really interesting and gives a good closure on Hoshigasaki's situation

I'm also hoping the author maybe continue the story as a web novel so it can carry on :haa:
He should have made a Patreon account - that would have gave him A RIVER of cash just for a sequel.

Contributor
The guy who insisted he was a loner is discovering the joys of real friendship and making compromises. You love to see it.

Funny how his "harem" is apparently imploding with two "members" bailing out after I suppose rumors swept the school over him dating Sora.

"You better shut up and take responsibility right now!"
One amusing answer would've been: "OK sure, tell me how?"

He keeps on harping about their mindset differences, but I wonder if he's realized his own mindset is already beginning to change? They could not have reached this point if he was completely uncompromising with his adopted loner ways. I don't think it's Sora who's changing to make this happen, it's him. He's healing, but slowly.

That's an interesting message from Ruri... Sora was actually feeling a bit jealous about it.

Dex-chan lover
If the manga sells, expect a 2nd year arc.

It doesn't matter if year 1 ended in 2 volumes. If the manga sells, the author will have "motivation".

Some signs - art for Hoshigasaki is being posted here and there in afterword.

Discord communities.

Dex-chan lover
DAMN I SEE THIS ENDING AFTER CHAPTER 33!!!!

WHY ARE SO MANY MANGOES ARE SO SHORT. They can't even reach the 3 inch shorty Mark!!!

Or as a legit serialization of manga only! This is better as manga!

Users who are viewing this thread