Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - I Didn't Expect Shiramine to be the Type to Hold a Grudge This Much?

Supporter
How can Shiramine accuse this guy of playing with multiple girls when he’s an outcast? It makes no sense to me at all. He’s trying to fix this rumour because he’s worried about ruining the girl’s reputation, he doesn’t care about himself in this scenario at all. You’d think he would be praised instead

Contributor
I called it last chapter, he really did assemble the "harem" at the usual hangout. Just what I wanted. :thumbsup:

"What counts as a true loner, anyway...?"
Certainly not you, that's for sure.

Those are some rather prickly words from Mashiro. I can almost feel the raw jealousy oozing from every letter. So she's the scary type when she's mad. You'd think the flashy "gyaru" would be the loud leader in any conversation, but Ruri was amusingly overshadowed by the two other girls who dominated the conversation.

I liked the detail that Mashiro just knew he and Sora were keeping some important details out, and y'know what... even if she was being sarcastic, I'd say that unironically sounded like good advice: if they do start dating (even a stereotypical fake relationship might work) it solves a whole bunch of problems. No more need to dispel rumors, and he gets to have a taste of some of that love he dreamed of in chapter 1. If they do dispel the rumors, conversely that makes it harder for romantic progress to happen between Hodaka and Sora... :pout:

Sora might take a bit of a social hit for dating who seemed to be a gloomy outcast, but hey - she already had her fill of high school life before, maybe she could stand to experience something different this time around. It's not like she hates him, nor is she looking for someone else to date this time around. That school trip episode of theirs was already a date in all but name and both of them enjoyed it.

I hope this isn't the last the four of them will meet there. This could be a great friend group.

Dex-chan lover
Is this to oregairu what bunny senpai is to bakemonogatari? Though bunny senpai managed to become its own thing after a while. Unlike this one. Not suprised it got axed just after 2 volumes.

Dex-chan lover
Prez is growing on me more and more with every chapter. My favorite is still Hosigasaki, but she's really just been sidelined quite a bit lately.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, it does feel like Prez is cut from a similar cloth to him. I feel like they'd get along quite well.
Both Hoshigaki and Shiramine would fit him in a relationship well, due to hobbies and/or personality wise. Hanamitsuji is gonna win by sheer force though lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Both Hoshigaki and Shiramine would fit him in a relationship well, due to hobbies and/or personality wise. Hanamitsuji is gonna win by sheer force though lmao.
Look it comes down to who adopted the introvert first. (She also has the knowledge cf time travel)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
Why do I feel like these four get along surprisingly well, and would make good friends.
Which would lead to even more rumours spreading further down the line. with the whole 1 guy : 3 girls
Some dudes' gonna be crying blood somewhere...

Ah well, what can you do? :02:
The editor cried blood so he cut off the LN.

Group Leader
Bro, no normal human beings would have this interaction, who tf makes a strategic meeting about dating rumours!?

Dex-chan lover
Bro, no normal human beings would have this interaction, who tf makes a strategic meeting about dating rumours!?
It definitely would be weird for most people. But there is a bunch of people that I know that can overcomplicate their own lives.

If you want an example in western culture, there is a bunch of people who design a movements to make people to mind their pronounce

I read the light novel months ago now, and as a result, I'm reading the Manga with a sense of detachment and more critique for the story.

I'm currently left feeling like it's too convenient for them to be able to explain away the rumors by enlisting Shiramine's help. In the vein of "a loud no is an even louder yes", denial of the rumors can just end up adding fuel to the fire. And yes, that is also true in Japan, where that is sometimes used as a plot point in manga. Like, is it possible for their plan to work in the real world? I guess. Is it also possible for it to backfire massively? Also yes.
For real, like the best course of action would just ignore it untill it dies down and just deny it if asked directly xd

Users who are viewing this thread