Double Arts

This was a great manga and got axed nisekoi is shit and went for so many years.......

Japan logic

Contributor
ill add to the circle jerk and say goddamn japan, what is you doing!?

Cant wait for the Naoshi Komi come back!!! He is a mangaka that deserves to have his own series like this instead of a fan moved one like nisekoi.

Contributor
Alas, every time I see this I get sad because I am reminded that harems sell better than kindness and friendship.

I really, really liked some of Komi's old oneshots, too. More than one of them was extremely memorable. And then, after this was cancelled... Nisekoi. It's just so damn depressing.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Okay, I'm done ranting, sorry XD I guess everyone else has been too, sorry to pile on.

Fed-Kun's army
ended too soon and i'm still mad about it. i will never get over it, specially bc nisekoi did SO WELL after this hahahhaha MY GRUDGE WILL FOREVER GO ON!!! JUSTICE FOR DOUBLE ARTS!!!!!

Just more 10 chaps while keeping the face and it would've been less frustrating That it was abandoned

Dex-chan lover
Someone asked what Japan was thinking, axing this and continuing with Nisekoi... and one of my guesses is their ability to create some of the most weird and inspired suff also seems to fuel their business sense.

That, or graphic novel fans have much lower standards than book lovers.

Or something is fundamentally flawed in Japanese society (which, if you look at several metrics, like how their police forge evidence to be right—and thus gain "honor"... super twisted definition of that word, but I digress—how bar owners in some areas are known to team up with rapists, the drinking problem many of their youth have because almost no one enforces the age limit for drinking, their declining birth rate, their shockingly light punishments for pedophiles, how so many of the protagonists of their stories are wimps in character, the list goes on...).

Not that any society has it all figured out, but things like their version of honor being so twisted and their suicide rate seem to indicate something bigger than a lot of other first-world societies.

Psyren was cancelled.

Trouble (creative differences) with an artist means throw out all their work, hire someone else, and tell the same story again instead of continue where they left off.

Creating part of a manga in order to sell the books instead of making a whole manga.

Most of the light novels being turned into manga having the writing capability of an emotional 12 year old writing fan fiction.

The fact there's now published work that tries to get the reader to sympathize with a rapist and justify doing such things....

But, again, it could just be readers and watchers of manga and anime. Sword Art Online is one of the worst written pieces of trash and yet it became super popular for un-ironic reasons.

And there was an NTR arc where Asuka magically doesn't get r-word despite that being the villain's goal and him having full control... huh, maybe it is Japanese society.

Well, anyways, this is my completely "I did not expect to do this today" rant.

Users who are viewing this thread