Double Helix Blossom - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
I was very interested considering the author but the manga gives me several concerns, feels like too many cliches and an idiotic hero protagonist with no self preservation, she might be best used with a collar chain at this point.
No muscle atrophy ? well it all points that her body was severely modified and again the protagonist is too stupid to realize at this point, so ch2 could be all about heavy info dump.

No shock from relatives or friends lost because the series was too rushed to get into the action, again making the protagonist feel even more unrealistic where the only thought in her mind is saving people, considering the other cliches I bet they'll say she's an orphan who lost her family and everyone during a terrorist attack so they don't have to deal with attachments or sentimentalism .

Making special abilities illegal... come on.
Lastly "shes' dangerous! she killed so many!" I bet is the usual case of child trafficking ring completely wiped out but some important people were involved so they locked her up anyways and erased evidence.

The only thing I like thus far is the fact that they don't hesitate to kill, imagine if the protagonist were like "Don't kill them!" on top of being an impulsive head empty hero wannabe, I would've dropped this IMMEDIATELY

Dex-chan lover
This just feels like a remix of common tropes and stories. Theres definitely an audience for it

Dex-chan lover
Wonder why she decided to specifically buy the stuck in time 19 y/o policegal.
Looks like she's probably the girl she saved. Only reason I'm not sure on that is due to the fact the little girl should look older if that's the case, although new technology, maybe they look younger longer, etc. Even if its not directly her, might be family of that girl as well.

Dex-chan lover
Looks like she's probably the girl she saved. Only reason I'm not sure on that is due to the fact the little girl should look older if that's the case, although new technology, maybe they look younger longer, etc. Even if its not directly her, might be family of that girl as well.
maybe the granddaughter of the girl who was saved

Dex-chan lover
So . . . . Shes like captain murica? No wait captain japan!

Thanks for the sl!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
it's funny that this girl lacks a good sense of self-preservation. sure explains her 'dying' young, or maybe she's lucky to even get to that point.

I'm not picking up this manga.

Nooo, someone please continue this series. I'm still not hooked yet, but it's too early to judge. And it's the LycoReco author, too.

As I tried to translate japanase to french (with checking on a english translation) I think that "civil police" is misleading. Actually the japanese police is already a national civil police. So I think the right term to use for "民間警察" must be "private police".
"The police begans to outsource work to private companies".

Dex-chan lover
Sounds like the author watched Demolition Man recently or something.

Dex-chan lover
This whole thing seems like a mess, the only thing i can really comment on is that i assume the child whose life she saved is either the doctor or the girl who came to her rescue

Users who are viewing this thread