Double pages too small [not a bug]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
So I remarqued that pretty often the "dualpages" in many manga are way lower resolution than individual pages like if they where constraint on the width, I obviously checked each time if I did not limit page width but it was good, I also checked on other site and it was also good there.
I do the post randomly so I do not have a links to share.
Nothing deals breaking but just wierd, I am doing something wrong ? (again I checked every thing from data saver to constraint to limit, nothing is wrong on this side

Power Uploader
I'm not sure what you mean, care to post a screenshot?

When you read in double page mode the reader logically takes into account the aspect ratio of both images instead of one, so for example, if your screen is smaller and you have "Fit Both" ("Contain to width" + "Contain to height") set, the grouped images will be smaller in width and height than if you are in single page mode, in case you don't want that, set to "Fit Height" (or uncheck "Contain to width").

The reader takes into consideration the aspect ratio (which is longer in height) of a single image to fit both the screen height and width.
Man vs Dog - Oneshot - MangaDex - SP - FB v2.png
Same as in single page mode, but the aspect ratio (which is longer in width) of the two images is taken into consideration.
Man vs Dog - Oneshot - MangaDex - DP - FB v2.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah I will try to find exemple but bassicaly the "double pages" page should be twice as wide

If a page innoriginal quality is 1000 poxelz wide the dual page should be 2000 pixels wide but my problem is the double page are somehow very often only 1000p wide too, and I am speaking about a single image that represents 2 pages and not 2 pages layout next to the other

So you end up with a comparatively small and low quality image that you need to stretch to fill the place it should

I will update the post with a exemple when I find one

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Yeah I will try to find exemple but bassicaly the "double pages" page should be twice as wide

If a page innoriginal quality is 1000 poxelz wide the dual page should be 2000 pixels wide but my problem is the double page are somehow very often only 1000p wide too, and I am speaking about a single image that represents 2 pages and not 2 pages layout next to the other

So you end up with a comparatively small and low quality image that you need to stretch to fill the place it should

I will update the post with a exemple when I find one
So you're talking about double spreads that the scanlators themselves joined together? That has nothing to do with MD and is entirely on them making the resulting image smaller in that case :haa:

Dex-chan lover
yeah but one other website using the same TL the scaling is good for the one I checked that what weirded me out.
Also it was not like that some time ago, so either many TL team have forgotten how to add 2 image together or something is wrong on my side lol

Power Uploader
yeah but one other website using the same TL the scaling is good for the one I checked that what weirded me out.
Also it was not like that some time ago, so either many TL team have forgotten how to add 2 image together or something is wrong on my side lol
Link the chapters.

The images are the same as they are uploaded, MangaDex only losslessly optimises them with no rescaling (unless you have data-saver turned on).

Dex-chan lover
Link the chapters.

The images are the same as they are uploaded, MangaDex only losslessly optimises them with no rescaling (unless you have data-saver turned on).
I did not read anything today so I do not have a lot of exemple but here one
Dai Dark Spoiler so the manga dex image is limited in resolution and is close to 1400 pixel wide
Dai Dark on mangafire sorry to link to another site but here it is closer to 2800 pixel wide
same setting, no limit no constrains, stretch no nothing...
and for the single page they are of the same size only the "dual pages" pages are fuck up in resolution

So I am left wondering what is wrong
again I did not read anything and found this example in 2 minutes, if you need more info I can update the post as I find them

FUCK ME, I was SURE I did not have the data saver enable and I did check but I am retarded I guess, I mean why would I use it on a 2Gbps fibre connection and stupider I did check it and missed it...

Sorry for wasting your time

Dex-chan lover
MMM so maybe I was not as dumb as I thought as the data saver did re-engage itself since I post the edit...
I obviously did not re enable it myself, maybe the cookie/cache fucking me up or something like that
And it is probably not because it was still active on the phone side as I checked it was also off

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Locked thread, please don't change thread titles even if you think it's useless - this thread might help other people running into the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread