Douse Suterareru no nara, Saigo ni Suki ni Sasete Itadakimasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Oh my fucking GAWD. I know you two are screwed up, but to be playing emotional chess so much that the prince and likely his guard KNOW there is a trap there, and NO ONE does ANYTHING to collectively move themselves from the trap, or inform Agnes about it, or for the prince to not put himself between the trap and Agnes...

...To war, I guess.

Double-page supporter
obviously she can't trust him????? he didnt tell her shit for years and is continuing even now.

stop acting like mc is in the wrong for acting without the information that these guys purposefully refuse to share! and its a little maddening that mc is all "oh it was ME that didnt trust him"

Dex-chan lover
And here i thought that other girl was a typical vile "otome protagonist". Turns out she was played like a fiddle by everyone.

Kudos your Majesty. Not only did you nearly indirectly killed your fiance (she jumped off balcony). But also confused a lady to the point of turning her into a sociopath that is going to the gallows next. Gj man, 10/10 would vote for you again.

At this point I am wondering again, what Agnes even likes about him.

Anyhow, thank you for translations. Would be nice not to see even a single "bloody" at all next time. I know they don't speak like that, and your fake 'Walsh' still takes me out of the story. Pretty please, with ice cream on top.

Dex-chan lover
Prince singlehandedly fucked up everything from start to finish and everyone else is the victim. Quite an achivement if you think about it. What a fucking retard.

I hope she isn't teleported to some rape dungeon considering we've been missing couple of chapters now with out one happenning.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
Anyhow, thank you for translations. Would be nice not to see even a single "bloody" at all next time. I know they don't speak like that, and your fake 'Walsh' still takes me out of the story. Pretty please, with ice cream on top.
Why? That doesn't make sense. They speak Japanese. Japanese doesn't have intensifiers like “bloody” that denote high emotion and a negative opinion you think?

Dex-chan lover
I am getting tired of the "Running away in distress into a trap/enemies" trope. I guess it's a pretty easy way to move the plot forward but man...

Dex-chan lover
Why? That doesn't make sense. They speak Japanese. Japanese doesn't have intensifiers like “bloody” that denote high emotion and a negative opinion you think?

What doesn't make sense is putting it in your every work to the point where it becomes off-putin dear Neus.

At some point words, bloody, dear, you wot mate, became so prevalent that many users began complaining. I, too, stopped following many of the good stories and just skeeve through pages.

Not to mention these words are so called parasite that are not used outside of a small group of people.

And they are definitely not used by nobility.

The thing is, there are plenty more aphorism befitting characters and their setting.

Power Uploader
What doesn't make sense is putting it in your every work to the point where it becomes off-putin dear Neus.
It's a common intensifier in the English language. It's like saying that it's off putting to put the word ”walk” in every work. It's one of the most common words in English.[

Not to mention these words are so called parasite that are not used outside of a small group of people.
Opposed to meme words such as “sensei” or “manga” which aren't used at all by anyone speaking English except in certain subcultures, where it's especially weird to use them for a translation of Japanese characters since well, Japanese people never speak about “manga” since there is no Japanese word for “manga” but those very people who complain about that seem to also simultaneously demand those meme words.

And they are definitely not used by nobility.
They absolutely are. One of the things about “bloody" is that its registerless. It doesn't look amiss in either the most refined or the most lower class registers, which is why it's such a common word. It, like “walk” knows no register.

The thing is, there are plenty more aphorism befitting characters and their setting.
I think you fail to realize how old the word “bloody" is and how much common it is among posh speakers. If anything, it's known as the one “swearword”, though many favor the word “intensifier” that's frequently used by the upper classes.

Until at least the early 18th century, the word was used innocuously. It was used as an intensifier without apparent implication of profanity by 18th-century authors such as Henry Fielding and Jonathan Swift ("It was bloody hot walking today" in 1713) and Samuel Richardson ("He is bloody passionate" in 1742).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody

As the article points out, there was a brief period in history in the 19th century where it was considered quite vulgar but that's neither today nor the time period those characters live in. It's not a swearword in practice or considered with the lower classes; it's considered a respectable intensifier that's considered good enough for kings to use.

Dex-chan lover
It's a common intensifier in the English language. It's like saying that it's off putting to put the word ”walk” in every work. It's one of the most common words in English.

So common that nobody is using it today. So common I have to scour the internet to find anyone even mention it outside of a joke. This is a gripe I have in general with your use of misnomers. They fit neither characters, setting nor a story.

Moreso, I would not have an issue be it english original, but this is a Japanese comic. What you do is what I dislike about modern translation that go out of their way to insert a part of themselves in the work just because they can and not because it is a best fit. Meaning, a more neutral choice of words does not age like milk.

Also. At least this time is not as bad as previous works that were plagued by mistranslation and self insert.

Opposed to meme words such as “sensei” or “manga” which aren't used at all by anyone speaking English except in certain subcultures, where it's especially weird to use them for a translation of Japanese characters since well, Japanese people never speak about “manga” since there is no Japanese word for “manga” but those very people who complain about that seem to also simultaneously demand those meme words.

? My dude, what are you even doing here if it's not a reason why you here? We are a part of that "subculture". It's what drew people who want to enjoy these thing in, in the first place!

Sensei has a wide variety of meanings and if you, all of a sudden, feel like being objectively correct here then instead of using Sensei and suffixes like -San -Sama etc. You use teacher, doctor, master. And in case of, example, Honoko-san. You do not use Dear Honoko. You use Miss Honoko. And Missus, in case she is married.

English my dude, I barely understand it but it's basics like 1+1.

And what about 漫画? This is literally a kanji for manga?

I am also pretty sure the last time I watched subbed slice of life the characters used the word manga as they do not have a word for comics specifically. Or is there katakana I am not aware of?

They absolutely are. One of the things about “bloody" is that its registerless. It doesn't look amiss in either the most refined or the most lower class registers, which is why it's such a common word. It, like “walk” knows no register.

That's not even a real word. And it absolutely look amiss. They are not english royalty. They don't look as ugly at least. Ngl this entire part hardly makes any bloody sense.

I think you fail to realize how old the word “bloody" is and how much common it is among posh speakers. If anything, it's known as the one “swearword”, though many favor the word “intensifier” that's frequently used by the upper classes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody

As the article points out, there was a brief period in history in the 19th century where it was considered quite vulgar but that's neither today nor the time period those characters live in. It's not a swearword in practice or considered with the lower classes; it's considered a respectable intensifier that's considered good enough for kings to use.

This has gotta be the worst one yet. It neither show nor proves that it's a word which fits either with a Japanese original work or the setting of nobility it takes place in.

If anything I'd suggest you go and read that article yourself, slowly and very carefully.

Also considering how often you put "bloody" in characters conversations disregarding any kind of situational context. I'd suggest you go and instead gorge yourself on the type of media that heavily implies the use of your favorite words.

Power Uploader
So common that nobody is using it today. So common I have to scour the internet to find anyone even mention it outside of a joke. This is a gripe I have in general with your use of misnomers. They fit neither characters, setting nor a story.
This is simply weird.

People use the word “bloody” all the time. It's not archaic. It's not uncommon. It's apparently the third most commonly used swear word in the U.K. in 2020, down from first in 2010. It's an extremely common, normal word and it's well suited as a translation of “nado” exactly because it's one of the rare intensifiers that can find it's way in a posh register similar to “nado”.

Moreso, I would not have an issue be it english original, but this is a Japanese comic. What you do is what I dislike about modern translation that go out of their way to insert a part of themselves in the work just because they can and not because it is a best fit. Meaning, a more neutral choice of words does not age like milk.
It's a normal English word, there's nothing “modern” about it; the word goes back to the 1600s in this usage and I, frankness be, think you have no idea what original Japanese fiction sounds like if you object to “modern” translations. The kinds of translations you like are completely fake and don't match the tone of the original lines at all. Have you ever read any Japanese fiction in the original language and have any idea what it sounds like?

? My dude, what are you even doing here if it's not a reason why you here? We are a part of that "subculture". It's what drew people who want to enjoy these thing in, in the first place!
They're part of a subculture that exists outside of Japan, not inside of Japan, which is why they're fake. It's a common translation style where people translate actual Japanese fiction with words such as “anime” or “manga” in it that simply don't exist in Japan. Well, there is a Japanese word for “anime” but it's almost never used by anyone; there is no Japanese word for “manga”.

This fake translation style can be recognized by:
  • Japanese characters somehow use words such as “anime” and “manga”.
  • All character speak in textbook language and never use any particular slang
  • No character has role-type language, they all sound the same.

Whereas actual Japanese lines are more like:
  • There are no words for “anime” or “manga” in common use in Japan. Japanese people do not make the cultural distinction.
  • Characters heavily employ slang, street language, and informal registers
  • Characters have very stereotypical, role typed language to suit their character.

Sensei has a wide variety of meanings and if you, all of a sudden, feel like being objectively correct here then instead of using Sensei and suffixes like -San -Sama etc. You use teacher, doctor, master. And in case of, example, Honoko-san. You do not use Dear Honoko. You use Miss Honoko. And Missus, in case she is married.
I can see that. It's a style I use when no English word exists that covers the nuance of the Japanese one. But I favor keeping as close to the original lines and the meaning they express as possible. When Japanese people refer to physicians with “先生” they stress how learned they are, not their exact occupation so I favor keeping that in the translation where possible.

There are places where it can't be done such as that I tend to translate “お客様” as “Sir,” when addressing a customer. This is not ideal because even though it reflects speaking to someone of superior status well, it does not reflect that this is specifically a title used for a customer, but anything else feels very awkward, “master” does not. It's a term English persons use to address learned persons to show respect for their academic or artistic achievement; it's simply not common to do so with physicians.

And what about 漫画? This is literally a kanji for manga?

I am also pretty sure the last time I watched subbed slice of life the characters used the word manga as they do not have a word for comics specifically. Or is there katakana I am not aware of?
Not really. In practice, the words “漫画” “コミック" and “コミックス” are entirely interchangeable except the last one of the three is somewhat more informal. One could argue the first two could be translated to “strip” and the last one to “comics” to emphasize this but I think “strip” is far too formal in English to be used as a general translation for the first two. Translating “漫画” to “manga” and “コミックス” to “comics” is absurd in any case, that's not what they mean by any stretch.

However, if the distinction should be made, then “コミックス” refers to a single volume of a serialization, and “コミック” refers to a magazine that runs multiple serializations at the same time, but this is not a distinction people in Japan generally observe and more of a technical thing, but it's for this reason that many magazines have “コミック” in their official title showing that it has nothing do with whether it be Japanese or not.

This is exactly the type of translation I object to, where translators translate words based on the sound, not on the meaning, as in:

• “ハンバーグ” to “hamburger”; it doesn't mean that; it means “salisbury steak”
  • “アニメ” to “anime”; it doesn't mean that; it means “cartoon”.
  • “ジューズ" to “juice”; it doesn't mean that; it means “sweet drink”

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=コミック

As you can see, almost all of them are Japanese

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/スパイダーマン#漫画

The word “漫画” is used liberally on the Japanese Wikipedia page for Spider-Man.
There is no Japanese word for “manga”. One says “日本の漫画” or “Japanese strip” when needing to make the distinction but Japanese people rarely do so because such an idea does not live in their culture. Most Japanese people aren't even aware that in English the word “manga” and “anime” mean “Japanese strip” and “Japanese cartoon”; Japanese people pretty much never talk about “manga” or “anime”.

That's not even a real word. And it absolutely look amiss. They are not english royalty. They don't look as ugly at least. Ngl this entire part hardly makes any bloody sense.
You are actually doubting that “bloody” is a “real world” at this point?
And no. They seem to be French royalty given the names. But the original lines were in Japanese and I translated it to English. “bloody” is a very common English word.

This has gotta be the worst one yet. It neither show nor proves that it's a word which fits either with a Japanese original work or the setting of nobility it takes place in.

The article and the part I quoted which you omitted in your quote establishes well that the word was used in prose written by the most upper of classes.

Also considering how often you put "bloody" in characters conversations disregarding any kind of situational context. I'd suggest you go and instead gorge yourself on the type of media that heavily implies the use of your favorite words.
No, I put it in conversations where the original characters use similar words that indicate strong emotions such as “なんか”, “なんて” or “など” and translate things such as “車なんかいらない” to “I don't need a bloody car.".

You seem to have absolutely no conception of the idea that some translators are trying to capture the tone and aggressiveness level of the original lines opposed to turning original Japanese fiction into this “subculture” as you call it that exists outside of Japan which does not in any way resemble what actual Japanese fiction sounds like.

Some people lost it when Nagatoro said “sus” but the reality is that the character in that line was using a fairly slangy word for “acting suspicious” and the characters lines are full of teenage slang anyway. — Japanese has that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread