Downpour - Ch. 1.2

Group Leader
Hope you guys enjoy our release! Join our server for updates (or to join our team ahemahem recruiting all positions) ♡
https://discord.gg/4Vc5wFy

Like the other group, we will not drop this series as our staff has progressed a lot with this already (up to chapter 5 😭). We'll be updating again soon!

I UNDERSTAND NOTHING??? what's with the pace?? the settings?? the only thing coherent is the dialogue (or monologue) but even then, it doesn't explain one single thing??? does MC hate the guy or not??

ty for translating! the translation is good and the art is pretty, although this chapter feels like another prologue for some reason. kinda feels confusing and choppy. hopefully the future chapters will be clearer!

agreed with the previous comments- it seems like it’d be a good story but so far im just perplexed by the organization and pacing? definitely feels like a prologue. ill keep tuning in in hopes that the format isnt like this every time.

thanks for the update!! the quality is amazing as always <3

ikr? hopefully it starts being more substantial, i can't wait to see our little mc achieve Emotional Tranquility (´꒳` ) ... although that probably won't be for a while TT

the transition was abrupt between introducing the workplace and suddenly seeing the guy. I thought he was just getting hired first :/

thanks for the update.

I don't know why manhwa in particular do this non-chronological storytelling often but I think it's because they're serial releases. They have to hook the audience with little hints of what's to come so the views increase exponentially each week. It seems useless and unnecessary to us who are already interested but think of the team developing this who will lose resources (or risk future seasons) if they don't gain enough views. In a world where there's literally hundreds of webtoons you could be reading, they have to give you reason to read theirs. Like why did the MC and ML relationship sour if they were such good friends? What happened with the su*c*de attempt? Etc.

I actually thought it was beautifully done and even if it took me a second, everything made sense. The art is so well-conceived, I kind of resent anyone complaining about the pacing. It felt very 'cinematic montage'

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's advertising/promotional. It serves the same literary function as a cliff hanger

If I wasn't already interested in the story I'd stop reading this, honestly.
I understand if this is chapter 0 (a.k.a the prologue), and even then the delivery would be a little too jumbly for me, but by chapter 1 I'm expecting a more coherent story.

Users who are viewing this thread