Dracorun

i can absolutely guarantee that whoever drew this is an MLP fan. The dragon's body layout is just too distinctive.

btw, in case anyone is curious by the Hiatus status, im pretty sure its cause season 1 ended back in Feb, I cant read korean properly but thats my best guess.

...wait, that's a dragon? It looks like a neopet. Or a cat. Or a mouse. A confused mousecat. Actually there's a pokemon whose head looks like that....

Xei

Group Leader
@Krackers You're right, Season 1 has ended and it's currently on haitus until season 2 begins.

@marconii2002 They're still doing it, it's just a haitus for a while since season 1 ended.

Contributor
(Original snarky comment:)
...I will get around to reading this just as soon as I can get over balking at the fact that that dragon's design is basically a cat with wings. And mouse-ears I guess.

@toomanywords: Neopet! Yes, it does look uncannily like one. I was having trouble putting my finger on what was upsetting me here (a dragon that looks mostly like a cat should theoretically be right up my alley; I am quite fond of both after all), it's partly just how much the cover art evokes certain childish western cartoonish stuff of my youth. (From a period where that, almost certainly, was sure to be accompanied by embarassingly bad writing and the like).

Anyway, it seems likely I'll like it once I get around to it. Cat-dragons are, again, theoretically a win-win. And stuff like this tends to be enjoyable even when it's awful. ~w~

Edit: Now that I've read it: A lot of this is incredibly childish (not necessarily in a derogatory sense per se, but as in, something that feels like it's written for a rather young audience—if you told me the goal was to sell a line of plastic dragons to impressionable young kids I would find it easy to believe). But I am enjoying it; one must live and let go of a few eyebrow-raisingly blatantly contrived developments, overtired tired cliches like "the girl has the pink dragon", a bit of hammy dialogue, and so on and so forth—but all that has it's own sort of nostalgic charm, and there's arguably still enough substance in-between all that to keep things going, and things in that regard seem to be getting better as things go on, not worse.

Still, I have to say—as with the cover art, this entire thing feels eerily like it's emerged via time-machine from 2005. (A kid's mom even tells him to stay back from the television so he doesn't hurt his eyes!)

Users who are viewing this thread