Dragon Ball - Dragon Ball Rebirth (Doujinshi) - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Universal Academy Exam

Double-page supporter
Directional was much better (grammar mistakes aside) I can't wait to read more.

Dex-chan lover
I strongly disagree with the choice of using saibamen for the exam.

First, Saibamen are very weak, but here the average saibaman is apparently capable of fighting in a gravity stronger than 450 times whatever was the standard. (And what even is the standard? It shouldn't be based on Earth's gravity, but both the Namekian and Saiyan home planets had stronger gravity...)

Second, Saibamen are not synthetic, they are very much living creatures with detectable ki.

Third and finally, why are they treated so cruelly in an environment that appears to be considerably more civilized? Nappa and Vegeta may have had little consideration for saibamen, but the U7 saiyan race were cruel. Saibamen are an alien race that is at least intelligent enough to follow orders. Clearly, they were depicted as a very aggressive race, with individuals willing to sacrifice themselves, but if they have some intelligence they could be trained, tamed, or who knows what else? It's entirely possible that the reason Saibamen are willing to sacrifice themselves and have low intelligence that they're similar to worker ants and that their race have a structure similar to a hive or something. But whatever way you decide to expand the Saibamen lore, I don't think that a civilized people would view slaughtering creatures that can think and feel as proper. Especially when they have goddamn androids!

I mean, really, who doesn't want a saibamen pet to play fetch with, to walk around, and to blow themselves up at a burglar's face when guarding their home?

Kireato , You do realise they're inside a simulation and all of those Saibamen are just synthetic right....?

Users who are viewing this thread