Dragon Claw - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Rotten to the Core

Group Leader
@CBFlap I would have to politely disagree on that whole comment haha

I think you're putting a whole genre into one basket here. Like saying "all of shojo manga is just boring emotional drama" which would be a bit unfair, while there are of course manga/anime like that, that's obviously not what the whole genre consists of.

"So, be diligent and don't give up. Drawing is basically a shounen manga" - What I meant is, the first part. Shounen manga is "be diligent and don't give up" that's the core theme. Some execute it better, some do it worse.
I disagree on how that could be a forced morality that is negative in any way. Not giving up is essential in life. Especially in Japan where everything is basically hardcore mode.

I also disagree that the shounen audience is 16 yo, that may be the target audience from the WSJ magazine, but they know they have a lot of people that grew up with shounen and still read it.

And don't worry about my Manga. Dragon Claw isn't really attatched to any genre. I can have something from all of them. But it has part of the "don't give up" core theme from shounen manga, which I personally really like : )

You should give some shounen manga/anime a try, I personally think your view might be bit bit fogged from bad shounen you saw before. Or the uncomfortable fanbase scared you. I wouldn't get into MHA at all if I just saw the fanbase for example. Or Demon slayer, which looks a bit overhyped from the outside. But If you disconnect all of your prejudices and watch it, you find a genuinily kind and heartwarming story about a hard working boy that's following his goal with all he has.

I love this manga so much 😍 the drawing style the plot everything , I can't wait for new chapter keep up the good work .

Dex-chan lover
Just found this and the quality overall is pretty amazing, especially considering its just created by 1 person with friends helping out? Hope the story is decently planned out, but seeing how this is monthly im not as worried.

Only gripe i had was that it was hard to figure out what was happening in certain chapter like the one with the random tribe and eyeman. That and at the start Asatos old friend and the new guy looked super similiar. Mostly due to the hair and both having scars over their eye even if different.

Its only starting out, so drawing them multiple times will prolly make em look different in later chapters and the art also became much more refined/cleaner by chapter 8 already.

Group Leader
@Rinko-chan Thanks! I'm working hard on the new big CH1, can't wait to release it!

@Zero13 The story is very planned out. I would have enough material for at least 200 chapters. A lot of time every month goes into thinking of characters and world building, the only questions is how good I will connect all the ideas I have. Only time will tell, but I'm very confident that I can improve while creating chapters every month.

I will rework some of the chapters when I release the new CH1, like the design of JIN and the designs/scene of the two characters from the mystery tribe. I also think it was a bit too confusing. Actually, it's funny that we had the same problems with it so far haha.

And yes, I'm one person who does the art and story with a friend helping with the english grammar, because I'm not the best with that.

Thanks for your comment Zero13! Motivates me to work even harder on new chapters!

Fun fact: When I just finished writing this comment I opened a new tab to check on google translate for any errors in my text, my PC crashed for whatever reason, I restarted it, opened mangadex, saw the comment was still there!! SIKE, it was an older comment I wrote to someone else. So I rewrote the whole comment, then reload the google translate tab again to check my text for errors- WHAT DO MY EYES SEE?! GOOGLE TRANSLATE SAVED THE OLD COMMENT...!

What a sad little story about how I wasted 5 mins of my life.

Dex-chan lover
Oh thats great to hear just dont burn yourself out working on it. Personally i think the chaps til now have been pretty good and wouldnt need much of an overhaul, but i get that the 1st 10-20 chaps are the most important to hook people in:p So the urge to have em perfect arises easy.

Ye i read thru some of the older comments and saw it was just you and your gf with an editor friend overlooking the writing. Pretty great work either way.

Im sure the expenses and time investment must be a bit bigger. Even if its a project you really want to create.

The bane of rechecking for grammar as a non-native english speaker i get to well. I wish you the best of luck on your project tho.

Just read everything, love it all. Came from reddit and will definitely get Vol 1 for the holidays. Gotta support the indies out there.
Edit: Just saw the mods removed it, total BS...

I, really don't know how to describe this feeling that I have, but I feel like I was meant to find this.

Wind, Dragons, blue and green, betrayal, loneliness... A lot of these hold extreme significance to me and my life and finding something that contains all of these aspects feels really special for me.

Please let me know as soon as you create a tankoban or full release because I will buy it in a heartbeat.

Can't wait for it to come back though, I'll be refreshing my follow list every day looking for this comic! Have a nice day Jia!

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand anything... but I guess better to wait until many chapter come out huh? to make me understand this.

Dex-chan lover
@Aliceteria
They were trapped in illusionary mist and the beast transformed into the guy to break Asatos spirit for an easy kill. The punch in page 1 is from the real one and hes kinda connected to the person who controls them.

Dex-chan lover
@Zero13 What I mean not this chapter but this entire series. There severe lack information, like mc background, why she want to come out from her birth place, why she want to go tournament, why she have bounty in her head just because she run off her homeland and many other.

Dex-chan lover
@Aliceteria Huh it was mostly shown in chapter 1. She wants to train her art as a weapon and go out into the wilderness to learn and test it more, but both is forbidden by her clan. She planned to escape the citywalls and told her friend jin, but he was loyal to the customs and therefor she is hunted.

The tournament is something that happened in the past where she showed her talent with the art. The betrayal of her best friend and hunting from the city put her on the verge of insanity, which she kinda deals with now.

Asato herself is pretty properly explained and the new chapter 0 added alot of background to the world, which was kinda necessary. For a hobby creation for now this is really well done.

Users who are viewing this thread