Dream Life: Yume no Isekai Seikatsu - Ch. 2.1

Fed-Kun's army
p4 "this is kind of a good story" whoa there, author-san. You've already padded your page count with that ttrpg intro that just threw big numbers at the readers like a video game intro.

A tabletop rpg uses small numbers, because the Game Master is a human that can't calculate in the hundreds like a computer processor.

Double-page supporter
The moment they accept it so easily without so much as an attempt of exorcism or disgust or disdain because of the body hijacking,
you know this is gonna be a full on slice of life where everyone is laid back and the story is pretty much bleh.
"The world will go boom in the next century, please save us MC"
Why pretend to even have a heavy plot.

Dex-chan lover
@kenkagejack - percentage-based tRPGs do exist. Personally, I played Warhammer40k: Rogue Trader for a few sessions, so that forms the basis of my experience with them. There is also Eclipse Phase, and I'm sure other systems too.
It's not that hard to calculate when modifiers are multiples of 10, and you only have to compare two numbers after that.
If you ask me, it's roll-and-keep systems that are hard on humans - you can't calculate probability with ordinary formulae in there, so you never know how likely you are to succeed. Yet they are quite popular - I think all White Wolf games use that.

Fed-Kun's army
@flannan Looks like your responding to my previous post. I'm not saying they don't exist.

Skipping over game mechanics, what I'm saying is that "I hope the little 'previous life trpg' blurb actually gets revisited or expanded."

If the story goes "This world is D&D, but I drew the wrong dice and character sheet to dodge copyright" just to draw in fantasy trpg people, I'd feel rather insulted.

Fed-Kun's army
Hmm...I actually like the premises, MC is to live as a resident of the world, and when the time comes, someone from his world is summoned and he is to look out for that person to become a hero, he himself isn't the hero but probably the master of said hero.

Users who are viewing this thread