Drug Store Tenin Sacchan no Nichijou - Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Naka out here complaining that he isn't even close to getting a girlfriend. Meanwhile, childhood friend who Naka literally acknowledges he thinks is cute is waiting for him to grow some balls and ask her out already.

Man's blind and doesn't know what he's got.

Dex-chan lover
Naka out here complaining that he isn't even close to getting a girlfriend. Meanwhile, childhood friend who Naka literally acknowledges he thinks is cute is waiting for him to grow some balls and ask her out already.

More like she keeps messing with him so he thinks its yet another joke. She needs to direct and not play it off "no, really... I wanna date and not just the fruit"

But then the manga wouldn't have its B couple progression so that's not going to happen 🥲. Gotta drag it out as long as possible!

Dex-chan lover

Can't blame the guy. She lil bro'd him. Probably the one line that would hit the hardest. She shoulda pointed out the height diff didn't matter.

My mans gonna need another 10 chapters just to think about it again.

Dex-chan lover
No they just want the story to last more than 1 chapter like you'd get if the couple had healthy communication lol
Look, there are many situations where it's fine if they take several chapters to have the relationship happen.

The issue is that THEY ALREADY KNEW EACH OTHER FOR YEARS....

Think about that. If they barely met, fine.

But this isn't the author doing healthy communication. This is the author dragging out them being a couple for no reason.

It's a common trope where authors take way too long to make their characters a couple and then only put them together at the very end of a story....

And why does a story have to end just because they become a couple????

Most of these stories would still have worked even if they were dating.

In fact, EVERYONE around them already seems to think they are dating... so the "we aren't dating" thing is just dragging out the dating and isn't needed.

Group Leader
... wait, what is with this "Act" thing???

It's how the Manga did its table of contents. So chapters are grouped into Acts.
I'm gonna add the other 3 Act pages soon. And the ToC.

But basically the first Act is the pre-date Arc.
Second act is the Dolphin date
Third act is post-date arc (In my head I call it the unoffical dating Arc)
4th Act is the start of the next date Arc.
The 4th Act is really nice, it switches from this episodic nature to something more story focused. Also as you can imagine, the following Arc will focus on both couples.

Dex-chan lover
Can't blame the guy. She lil bro'd him. Probably the one line that would hit the hardest. She shoulda pointed out the height diff didn't matter.

My mans gonna need another 10 chapters just to think about it again.
She only did that AFTER he rejected her....

Think about that... she asked him out, HE said it was impossible... and it was AFTER that that she lil'bro'd him...

Dex-chan lover
She only did that AFTER he rejected her....

Think about that... she asked him out, HE said it was impossible... and it was AFTER that that she lil'bro'd him...
TRUE. He should have said it's impossible because he feels too short so the onus was on him. Then she probably woulda hit him with the height diff not mattering. Instead she thought he negged her and she followed suit.

Dex-chan lover
Ahh! This is childhood friends paradise! I've sank with too many childhood friends ships and went childhood friends heaven

(I still remember the Nisekoi ship wars)

Aggregator gang
W second couple!
I LOVE the Childhood friends to lovers trope, especially when it’s done right. When the two friends are very tight knit and neither seem to have the courage to break out of the friend zone 🥰

I find it lazy when a childhood friend conveniently returns from some sort of “hiatus” and is completely different, because in reality you’d be as good as strangers.

Users who are viewing this thread