Duel! - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - A small change

Why did they run away from the police? That was literally attempted murder.

I hate the arrogance, they better not become friends, just because they realized that minori is actually a person now...none of it doesn't excuse all their continued behavior of treating others as if they re beneath them.

Dex-chan lover
@LeAnimuEyes
To be fair, no teenager would like getting involved with Police if they can... so I guess its kind of fight or flight reflex there.

Also in hindsight at that point that police could view it differently, since Kiku already started to be overpowered and its 3 against 1.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kissmyaxe I mean yeah but its high school. And they were just in a traumatic situation where their poor actions would have had very serious consequences if they were not saved by the person they caused so much pain towards. So absolutely nothing justifies their bullying, but this could be a learning experience that leads to her becoming a better person. I think its actually kind of smooth that it continues to develop this bully-victim relationship beyond just the catalyst for her to start fencing.

Supporter
@thestuffedunicorn nope, it's forced friendship for the sake of character growth. I really, REALLY hate this trope that authors try to paint bullies as goody-goodies on the inside, even though they are acting absolutely disgusting just minutes prior. People dont change that easily and friendship isn't that fickle.

Users who are viewing this thread