Dungeon Kurashi no Moto Yuusha - Ch. 49 - Is the Charismatic Princess a Good Cook?

Dex-chan lover
That was a good explanation for mercy. If we assume Al's goal is to just live his own life with his wives and buddies, not world conquest or other nonsense like that, then avoiding blood feuds is smart. That being said, Al is pretty difficult to read, so who knows what he's planning.

Dex-chan lover
bmjHXoh.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Wtf I thought the knignt captain girl was supposed to be somewhat a 'good' caracter just more on the 'loyal to the crown' side but here she's actually smiling to the dude saying he's gonna get rid of his sister. There's a chapter every two full moons so maybe I don't remember correctly but the weird*ss thought process of every caracter in this manga is starting to get annoying.
I can handle several extravagant ones, that's basic, but is there actually even one person here with a normal ethic/moral compass?

Edit: ok I went to re-read previous chapters and yeah I understand a bit more what was pissing me off here. The author spent the entire last arc painting the knignt girl as someone whom thought foremost of the greater good and thoughtful towards the citizens, just she thought the sacrifice of Mion and Béatrice, who are completely innocent, to be necessary to avoid civil war. That I find f*cked up but understandable (the thought process), but why paint that picture of her then show her here smiling happily at the thought of killing her like some third rate villain. Like either she's good but willing to sacrifice or a psychopath, or just f*cked in the head but that's the easy way out (as a writer to explain her actions).

I dunno, I know I'm overreacting but I feel like sooo many villains are horribly written lately it's driving me mad. I know it's hard but a little effort to AT LEAST make them consistent should be the bare minimum.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wtf I thought the knignt captain girl was supposed to be somewhat a 'good' caracter just more on the 'loyal to the crown' side but here she's actually smiling to the dude saying he's gonna get rid of his sister. There's a chapter every two full moons so maybe I don't remember correctly but the weird*ss thought process of every caracter in this manga is starting to get annoying.
I can handle several extravagant ones, that's basic, but is there actually even one person here with a normal ethic/moral compass?
Viola has been shown, and said multiple time she will erase ANYONE if it means maintaining the stability of the Human Kingdoms after the Demon King's death. Al, Blum, Mion, hell if she reaches a point where offing Hector is the best option to maintaining stability she'll off him too. On the one hand it makes her incredibly easy to deal with because you know exactly what her sense of values are because they don't shift at all, but on the other hand she's incredibly difficult to deal with once she's marked you for erasure. Al had to basically threaten war on the entire world to get her to back off, you can't use the essentially nuclear option to negotiate too many times.

Dex-chan lover
Viola has been shown, and said multiple time she will erase ANYONE if it means maintaining the stability of the Human Kingdoms after the Demon King's death. Al, Blum, Mion, hell if she reaches a point where offing Hector is the best option to maintaining stability she'll off him too. On the one hand it makes her incredibly easy to deal with because you know exactly what her sense of values are because they don't shift at all, but on the other hand she's incredibly difficult to deal with once she's marked you for erasure. Al had to basically threaten war on the entire world to get her to back off, you can't use the essentially nuclear option to negotiate too many times.
Yeah I went to re-read (and edited my post) and what annoyed me was painting her as a righteous caracter who was just willing to sacrifice for greater good but that sort of charater would at least be a little sorry for the people they sacrifice. She would still do it but showing her smiling at the mention of doing it is inconsistent, like what next she's gonna laugh while stabbing Béatrice in the chest ?
You can't say someone is righteous and then have them act like a third rate villain (sorry for repetition but it's the most fitting comparaison that comes to mind).

Group Leader
Yeah I went to re-read (and edited my post) and what annoyed me was painting her as a righteous caracter who was just willing to sacrifice for greater good but that sort of charater would at least be a little sorry for the people they sacrifice. She would still do it but showing her smiling at the mention of doing it is inconsistent, like what next she's gonna laugh while stabbing Béatrice in the chest ?
You can't say someone is righteous and then have them act like a third rate villain (sorry for repetition but it's the most fitting comparaison that comes to mind).
I think she was smiling because her boss decided not to immediately declare war and mobilize the army, which would have destabilized humanity and thrown them into chaos once it was revealed that a new Demon King was born less than a year after the last one was killed.

Dex-chan lover
Wait so the knight girl is one of the guy's wives or that guy's 'wives' were in her unit?

Dex-chan lover
Guess the king must be happy Viola returned not mind-broken like the rest of his "lovers".
Yeah it seems the author forgot about that part in the princes little monologue. He let them live but they turned into vegetables, so how's that any better / "a mercy"...

Honestly, part of me wants a smart development for once like Viola just pouring barrels of oils down that dungeon, setting it on fire and then just blocking it up with concrete. But I guess instead they will send group after group of female knights :rolleyes:

Dex-chan lover
I think she was smiling because her boss decided not to immediately declare war and mobilize the army, which would have destabilized humanity and thrown them into chaos once it was revealed that a new Demon King was born less than a year after the last one was killed.
Mmmh yeah that could be it, still I don't know if it's just the writing being clumsy but the feeling I get from her in this chapter isn't the 'righteousness' the author tried to sell us in previous chapters

I know I'm knit-picking but I'm sorry I had to rant, it was stuck in my throat for a while and that small weird interaction between two characters that clearly aren't righteous kinda broke the dam down (again I can understand the thinking process of sacrificing innocents for the greater good but being that carefree about it, especially if it's family/people you know, is completely incompatible with 'righteousness', although it would depend on your own definition of that word).

Dex-chan lover
With this kind of description though, along with @ThanatosHellfire's concerns, it's probably safe to classify her as a "Lawful" aligned character, but maybe not so much good, but with the idea that the concepts of lawful and good are separate and distinct. Served the purpose of good, sure, but this is where the leap in logic comes in. I feel that in D&D terms, Viola is classifiable as a Lawful-Neutral by nature. But in her head with serving the greater good, it seems like her beliefs are lawful = good, or something like that. And she will do anything to keep that standard, even things that are otherwise morally and ethically questionable or reprehensible. Similar to DC's Peacemaker character, who's so mentally cracked he'd lay waste to the whole landscape, and kill whomever gets in his way to keep the "peace". Just my interpretation of events so far.

Dex-chan lover
Wait so the knight girl is one of the guy's wives or that guy's 'wives' were in her unit?
member of her unit is prince harem, that way those girls to eager to get result since them not yet "first lady" some sort, well to bad most of them end up kinda mind broken now cause that plant
also the manga(dunno if the LN is same) skipped WN scene where the prince ask that female knight if she willing to become his concubine which she flatly refuse so i dont know how her relation will goes now

Users who are viewing this thread