Dungeon Kurashi no Moto Yuusha - Vol. 6 Ch. 45 - After the end of the battle…

Double-page supporter
Who are you talking to right know?!
Who is it you think you see?
Do you know how much mana I have stored this year alone? I mean, even if I told you you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddently decided to stop being a nice guy? A kingdom big enough to threaten world peace goes belly up. Dissapears! It ceases to exists. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to. So let me clue you in. I am not in danger Viola, I am the danger! A man opens his door and get killed, and you think that of me? No, I am the one who knocks.

Our dude went full Heinsenberg.

Double-page supporter
I feel like Viola has to join Blum's harem soon and claim her place as one of the "demon generals". Also wouldn't the instability be just as easily stopped if they kill the prince instead? He seemingly is useless, sacrifices others, lacks intelligence, so getting rid of him hurts nobody.
The issue isn't the Prince directly, but his support structure. In authoritarian regimes like a Kingdom, the leader is as strong as the people willing to follow him. Take off the prince, and then what do you get? Civil war for the inheritance of the throne. Can't put your own people as heir, 'cause they're tainted with regicide. So 5 powerful Duke comes out of the woodwork and start hitting each others (figuratively, their peasants do the work). Once a winner is found, they'll turn their attention to the so called demon lord and you're back to the beginning all over again.

Kingdoms and Empires aren't democracies. You can't just replace a ruler and fix all the problems, 'cause the problems isn't with just one bad man.

Dex-chan lover
Simple, everybody would think humanity is 50 shades of fucked.

Dex-chan lover
The Prince should be offed if he cannot maintain his Empire. Look at Romans for example, look at how a bad Emperor could collapse the whole Empire

Dex-chan lover
That might not work either. If word were to spread that the former Grand Mage, the former Hero, the Queen, and the Princess all banded together, even a hint of any activity against the Emperor will make their political supporters flock to the Dungeon. The percentage of the Kingdom's soldiers under them all become the armies of the new "Demon Lord".

I'm getting ahead of myself with this, but if it goes in that direction, they will bring what will likely be a tremendous chunk of the economy, all the money in circulation which they control, goods, services, food, trade, banking...the Guilds are gonna be in a state of panic! Then there're their trading partners outside the country, and X number of other nations who also have a bone to pick with the Emperor, who will at least send representatives to ask WTF happened, maybe even ally themselves with the Dungeon eventually. The country has essentially been pushed into a corner, and ownership is threatening to change. And all it took was for the Queen and her daughter to run away from home, and into the arms of her biggest simp and his best friend.
I don't think simp is the right word since Al banged both mother and daughter the day he met them. :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
YkxW0PZ.png

oh no....
so anyways :V

Double-page supporter
I was hoping something would develop between Blum and Viola through this whole fight, some sort of understanding and evolution of their past relationship at least, if not more. Story's gotten a bit stale tbh... less Al and more Blum development would be nice.

Dex-chan lover
What do you think would happen? Nothing. The empire already wants to kill Al, Mion, and probably Beatrice by now, as well. The kingdom wants to kill Blum. So, the worst that could happen would be that they would want to kill them twice as much, but that's still the same old wanting to kill, nothing more. So, uhhuh. Big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread