Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 1 Ch. 0 - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, dungeon meshi is probably my favorite series... the way the story's told and also the tone definitely grew a lot compared to the oneshot, huh. I might've ended up put off if this had been my first delve into the series.

Still, very cool to see the comparison.

Dex-chan lover
You can easily see the rough edges... but the core aspect stayed intact.

But Izutsumi being the straight-laced one... that is a surprise.

Dex-chan lover
Why, the difference between the one shot and the main manga is so little, the designs are exactly the same and the story seems very similar too, goes to show how much she has already thought everything out.

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see they're already nuts since oneshot
GFN9k_EW0AAAxxV

Double-page supporter
funny how in the final story, the cat didn’t end up joining the team till after the dragon.

Double-page supporter
One shots are often do-or-die pitches, so it's behooven of the creator to put their whole ass into them.

But also Ryouko Kui is that damn good.
I'm still amazed with her doodles that showed just how much thought she's put into world building too.

Marcille is already on acceptance stage in the oneshot, huh.
That's the interesting thing about the oneshot. Aside from proto-Izutsumi, everyone's basically okay with eating monsters. I'd imagine maybe the author realized at some point that there kind of needed to be a balance of people who vibe with this and those who don't to really sell the comedy.

Dex-chan lover
That moment when your simple one-shot still looks better and more professionally made than some fully published manga.
I mean, Oneshots usually get a lot more care put into than some of the first chapters of its serialization… That‘s not unique to Dungeon Meshi.

Aggregator gang
I feel like I actually have seen this one shot quite a while ago. It must have been labelled as a xx.5 chapter somewhere in the middle of the series, instead of Chapter 0.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I actually have seen this one shot quite a while ago. It must have been labelled as a xx.5 chapter somewhere in the middle of the series, instead of Chapter 0.
I thought so too? Could have sworn it had already been posted, but then saw this was the only copy.

Users who are viewing this thread