Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Kelpie

Dex-chan lover
@NinkNikkita Mmm.. I'm just saying I'm not all that sure it's soap that makes him tear up a little while walking across the lake where he just had to kill his friend of twenty years..

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if climbing up on the kelpie's back triggered her predation instinct... :[
Also this story has already corrupted me. As soon as I saw that horse, I started to think about what kind of tasty dishes they can think out of it. I wonder if I'll ever view mystical creatures the same.

This is the chapter that makes me think that Laius won't fall for the winged lions scheme. He may love monsters, but that doesn't mean he trusts them. Granted it's a daemon, but same concept.

Fed-Kun's army
This is the chapter where I realized Louis (or whatever his name is) is smart. He didn't fall easily to the trap despite his love for monsters.

Awww. This is a nice chapter, that fluffy reveal though... I haven't laughed this hard because of a manga in a while hahaha

This manga is amazing. The skill of the author to bring in entirely new monsters, make them lovable, remind us that they are monsters, and then tie it into the ecosystem of the world with the tallow soap. Truly a masterpiece.

Dex-chan lover
Using soap without curing it will melt your face off; then again, he put a finger in boiling oil, so maybe he will be fine anyway...

Supporter
This is the chapter where I realized Louis (or whatever his name is) is smart. He didn't fall easily to the trap despite his love for monsters.
Not really. On Page 12 during his explanation of how Kelpies hunt, it shows him on one close to getting killed and his sister running towards them with a morning star. So he DID fell for one before and just already knows this trap.

Users who are viewing this thread