Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 8 Ch. 52 - Bacon and Eggs

Dex-chan lover
I love how insane this is becoming and its even better when there is sound logic behind the plan too, despite it being so ridiculous.

Group Leader
5HwNkRY.png

Way too adorable like this. Cutest she's ever been and she's crying her eyes out.

Dex-chan lover
"At the end, we were all dungeon meshi, huh?"

Please don't involve everyone... Maybe just the orcs and still it would be super painful beyond words.

I don't remember Izutsumi showing so much skin but arigato gozaimashita hahaha

Dex-chan lover
Emotional support kitty. Seems accurate.

Only Laus would react so well to a plan that centers around eating his sister.

To be honest, defeating the mad sorcerer for good is probably enough to free Farlyn. There probably won't be a need to eat her.

@cgr It was explained in this chapter that they have to eat it to destroy dragon's soul. If they were to burn dragon's body it's soul would be released into dungeon as dungeon keeps souls tied to it (that's why resurrection works there). With the dragon soul still around Farlyn can't be restored.

Fed-Kun's army
The two most defining moments of this chapter was surely the other team getting the shivers and Laius missing the point.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarin
yes, but was there a chapter that stated that flesh needs to be digested for it to lose 'any of its individual identity'? https://mangadex.org/chapter/561153/13

or was there something before which suggests other methods to destroy the flesh, such as burning, wouldn't work?

laius even mentions that even with all his acquaintances, 'we don't have nearly enough people to finish eating the dragon'.

Dex-chan lover
I’m actually expecting one of these new elf’ to turn out to be a family member of marcille and she the black sheep of the family so to speak

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm. I wonder how the dungeon changed.
But the Elves comin bois. And they won't be too happy.

I do fucking love the concept of how to save Farlyn. Just fucking eat the bad half lmao

@cgr
I think the idea is that the food gets changed in some way by being eaten.
Even if it was burned the ash could still restore itself to normality in some magical fashion. I mean they didn't have a lot of time to experiment and are going off Senshi theory.
In a way it's almost like the other-half is poisonous and they need to dilute it by spreading it out and eating it. I'm sort of unsure why they don't consider the possibility that they could be getting genetically changed by eating the meat themselves. Maybe in the small portions it wouldn't matter.

It's entirely possible that the Elves who are coming to the dungeon are like "Yeah I mean I GUESS you could eat it. Or you could just use a magical fire to destroy it like a normal person."
I think that remains pretty true to the series ahaha.

Aggregator gang
>my sister is a monster
>eat the monster part

How could I have ever expected less from this manga? Genius. XD

Double-page supporter
Other fantasy titles: To save our partner we'll need a legendary crystal that lies in the tallest mountain, the fang of the most deadly dragon and a sinister grimoire almost lost to memory and a ritual that probably will fail.
Dungeon meshi: We'll solve everything in the table.

Dex-chan lover
@cgr Look at the example of dead adventurers, the more messed up the corpse, the harder it is to resurrect them, but charred remains can still be revived with conventional methods. Senshi's point is that when you eat something, it stops being recognizable as that thing, and just becomes part of you. They are hoping to leave nothing of the dragon behind, for it to be revived again, especially in Farlynn.

Users who are viewing this thread